6

*It hurts. Being friends will have to suffice. But it's going to hurt so much. It already does.*

You got extremely hopeful extremely quickly. He spent time with you at the nurses office, checked up on you when the lights went out, came to you when he needed help, but  these are all things friends do, you didn't need anyone to tell you that. But desire will always breed unwelcomed hope. Legoshi always saw you as a friend, after all. 

"[Y/N]!"

*Fucking what?*

"Wait!"

You turn around confused. "Legoshi?"

"Where are you going?"

"I... was gonna to look over the festival from over the cliff."

"Oh, you can see the light from the meteor from over there."

"Mhm, people said something about that. Coming with?" *His... tail wagged. Oh my god.* You made your way to the mentioned spot. You really could see the meteor. It was so nice. *Wait wait waitwaitwaitwaitwait. What about Juno?* "Uhh, hey, what happened between you and Juno?"

"Oh, you saw that."

You decided to keep your talk with Juno a secret.

"Did it go badly or something?"

"N-no, nothing like that! I... I don't have those feelings for her."

That made you a little relieved. You looked away and sat down in front of a tree, Legoshi sat next to you shortly. After a bit you looked at him. Being around someone never felt so right until you met him. *I want to ask him, but I can't bring myself to. Why don't I push a few buttons? I mean, I already got a tiny bit handsy with him when he got injured and when he got paint on himself, and he didn't mind that.* You readjusted yourself and put your head into his lap, which suprised him. You looked straight up at his face. "Lego should be my wife when we gwow up."

"H-huh?"

You couldn't make out his mood from his face complection. After you were done staring at him you turned to look to the city. "Wanna do something tommorow?"

"You aren't going home for the hollydays?"

"I have my laptop with me, not to mention I'm alone in a dormroom so I have no reason to go home."

"Doesn't it get lonely?"

"No, it's ideal for me. So, wanna show me around the city?"

"Okay. I'll give you my number"

The next day you meet in front of the gates and off you were. As you are passing by a park you spot a ball and no one around to claim it, so you picked it up and started playing around. You noticed Legoshi starring intently at the ball.

You stop walking and held the ball at your eye level while looking at him. He hunches over slightly, a serious look on his face. Weirdly enough, there was no one around. You threw the ball around a dosen meters or so, Legoshi sprinted after it with suprising vigor, which suprised you. He handed the ball to you with expecting eyes. He was so adorable. You decided to push the boundaries a little. You carresed the top of his head.

"Well done, good boy."

You've never seen him like this. Okay now let's start something else. You threw the ball into a wall of a public fountain, making it bounce back to you. As expected this made Legoshi more alert. Then you threw the ball into the air, prompting Legoshi to jump up and grab it with his mouth and dispose off the ball into your hand. You praised him once more and you continued playing for a bit.

After that whole scene, he treated you to icecream. You sat around for a while, but decided to go back to the dorm before the sun started wiping its ass on the two of you.

You spent your days in your room or going home once or twice. Legoshi often texted you, which encouraged you to do the same. One evening Legoshi called you and sounded a bit troubled and asked you to meet him behind the school with the ball you found. You couldn't help but smile. As you weren't the type to have a casual talk with all that often, you instead did stuff together but you didn't do this since that time in the park. You met him there and he approched you while fidgeting slightly.

"Hey, um, do you mind if we talk for a bit?"

"Not at all, what is it?"

"When it comes to the game of fetch there are these, um, places where canine could play it with a machine. Me and my roommates go there from time to time but, something felt off since we did it together in the park."

"What do you mean?"

"It's not the same."

"In... what way?"

"It's... well... It feels different when you so it, I don't really know."

You smile at the wolf "Let's play, then."

You played for a while, constantly  thinking of things to say to him whenever he returned the ball. After a bit he called a break and pulled out two waterbottles he stashed away, handing one to you.

"Thanks for doing this with me."

"Don't worry about it, it was nice. But I'm running out of praises and things to tell you."

"It doesn't matter, I would still enjoy myself with you."

*God, I can't wait anymore, he's too perfect. I need him.* You went in for a kiss. He didn't stop you. You ended up on top of him after you broke the kiss. He looked like a mess. He often did. "I'm sorry. I can't take it anymore. I want you so much." With that, you continued. You carressed his cheek and neck, then went to grab his hands, intertwining your fingers with his. Then you came up from breath. "You kissed back."

"Yeah."

You got on your feet and helped him up as well. "My dorm room. Now."

"W-wait, I don't think I'm ready for-"

"Don't worry, we won't do anything you aren't comfortable with, the concrete is just painful." You went into your room. When you closed the door behind you, you put your arms around him and peppered kisses on his snout. Slowly the two of you started to sway side to side, enjoying each others embrace. Then you pushed into him, making him fall onto your double bed you made by combining the two smaller beds a while before, and cuddled up to him.

You must have succumbed to your lack of sleep. You woke up at dawn. He was still with you. He didn't leave. You were on your back and he was clinging to you. You put one hand on his head and the other you put on his own. You rested like that until he woke up.