18

*I can breathe properly while asleep? Nice. Wait, why?* As you slowly brought yourself out of sleep, you noticed what your wolf has burried himself under your shoulder. As you were processing this little moment of bliss, you felt his leg kick, and his head push itself deeper into you. *Oh, my god, is he dreaming?* You weren't sure if it was a nightmare or not, but you decided to wake him up before he hurt himself. You pulled him into a proper hug and gave him kisses on his forehead, gently turning him left and right occasionally. He looked at you as he opened his eyes, slowly closing them repeatedly, as he started to look around the room. "Were you dreaming?"

He began to sniff you. "Yeah. Was I moving a lot?"

"Eh. My armpit was in your way." You stayed in each others embrace for a while. For a change, you rested your head on his chest and gave him scratches. Knowing that you needed to get a few things done that day, you took Legoshi with you, planning yourselves a stop at an ice cream shop after you were done.

"Hey, share a pocket with me."

"What?"

"Come on, mine is full of crap." With that you pushed your hand into his pocket and held onto his hand. It was starting to snow too. As you went about your errand with your wolf, you heard glass break in the distance. Suddenly Legoshi pulled you into a hug, and before you could ask him what was going on, an office chair fell pretty close to where you were standing. You looked up at Legoshi, who in turn looked back at you. The chair fell out of the metropolitan police department building. "Thank you."

"Yeah."

"That was a chair."

"Yeah?"

"Wait, wasn't that Yafyas floor?"

"Huh?"

"Yeeeaaah... Let's leave." Your wolf seemed to stick a bit closer to you from that point on, that John Cena's wet dream of a near miss might have gotten him on high alert. You put your hand around him. "Puppy. Relax. I'm   s u r e   that doesn't happen often." He hummed and nodded, only moving away a little. After you were done, you got icecream and parted ways within an hour.

Few days later, you were hanging out at Legoshi's place. You were laying on back, and Legoshi was laying on you with his head on your chest. You were playing on a laptop which rested on his chest. You heard the door being unlocked. You didn't think much of it until you heard a voice other than Gosha's. A voice you didn't like thinking about. Legoshi probably realised there was company over so he sat up before Gosha came into view. Gosha entered the living room, Yafya following close behind. You could tell he had a slight limp. You observed this conundrum silently as the pair sat across from you. Legoshi picked up on your shift in posture.

Gosha spoke up first. "[Y/N], I understand you are aquainted with my friend here?"

"...Yes."

"Legoshi, are you?"

Legoshi looked a bit clueless. "No."

"Well, this is a very old friend of mine. We used to work together. He has recently concluded that my grandson is the one to blame because I decided to leave my old line of work, and got you both involved."

Noticing Goshas short pause, Yafya speaks up.

"I found out that you two were among the people who raided several places around the black market. People usually aren't willing to go through with these kinds of unorthodox operations, so I thought of getting your help with a nasty case I have been involved in. I also couldn't help but feel like Legoshi was a big reason for Gosha's resignation from duty. And for that I apologize. That is the reason the two of you were summoned to my office.

You decided to speak first, no make sure things don't get even more awkward. "Well, I'm glad to know the whole story." You looked at your wolf. "Any closing thoughts?"

"No. I suppose not." Legoshi looked at nothing in particular, probably trying his best to process the information thrown at him. Yafya left not too long after, and the day resumed as before.