15

Sometimes life spits in our faces. Here is an example. You think that social obligations are stupid. And here you are getting invited to a dinner all formal like. A letter came in for you. You weren't unfamiliar with the adress. Police department. It was from Yafya. A bigshot in the whole beastars bussiness.

*Is this about the Riz affair? It's been a while since that happened. But then again, law enforcers make a living digging up the past.*

You weren't going to pass this up, getting on a beastars bad side might be a bad idea so... pitch black jeans and a button up will have to do. You make your way to the large building. Metropolitan police department. You went to the front dest and asked for directions. You were escorted to the elevator by several security workers and left alone in a large hall decorated by statues. Security guys went back into the elevator and you were told to wait.

"Sorry for the out of the blue invitation." You turn towards the voice and see a horse approaching you.

"No problem at all." *Let's see what am I really here for.*

He started walking towards a large door opposite the elevator while you followed. "Did you arrive alright? Were they treating you well down there?"

"Ah, yes, they were."

"Good, now..." He opened the door and behind them was a dinner table and an indoor garden in a room with large ceiling to floor windows. "Make yourself comfortable."

"How pleasant."

"The clear sky makes it easier to see all the buildings, doesn't it? This room is my special parlor. I want to treat you to a full course dinner of my special carrots. You are an omnivore, so there shouldn't be any problems."

"Well, thank you, I love carrots."

You got served some fancy whatever soup, mostly consisting of carrots. You secided to try to keep the conversation going so that he was more comfortable to spill his intentions.

"Mmh, this is great, grow these yourself?"

"Yes, I'm glad you like it, they're grown at the perfect temperature and humidity, They're given just the right amount of water, This room represents my ideals, in fact. I always strive for perfection, whether it's my carrots or society. I would commit to any labor and sacrifice necessary... That's what I swore in a certain turning point in my life."

*This dude.* He kept talking for a while. At one point the two of you walked over to one of the windows. Then he said something that tipped you off as odd.

"I'm already so old. I need to hurry and make a perfect society before my life runs out."

"Oh? I assume you're close to your goal then?"

"[Y/N], don't you find it mysterious that this one measly horse is so capable of combatting society's evils?"

"Hm. Planning ahead, having the right tools and exercising come to mind."

"You also need a source of energy, and a special one at that. When you're the beastar, you can be granted any wish of your choosing. Using the carnivores you punished as fertilizer is no exception."

*Well, there it is.*

"My carrots love their nutrients, they really add to their taste, wouldn't you say?"

You smiled. "Quite! Do tell how you get rid of the smell." That's when he swiped your legs and you hit the floor. Then he put his shoe on your neck.

"People saw you as a hero when you killed that bear. But you went for his vital areas with the gun and gouged his eyes out. You were making sure he was dead and unable to get help. And with that wolf too..."