17

It looked like it was going to be a peaceful morning. No responsibilities. You were a bit disappointed with yourself for staying up too late, though. Fixing your sleep schedule is never fun. Just you, your hobbies and your thoughts. As you awoke, your ceiling stared back at you, and you already felt a small rush of enthusiasm. It was a sunny morning, so your palm that you bought from Haru was probably having a great time too. As you layed on your bed, rebooting, you noticed that something was off. You turned your head to see Legoshi looking at you with a relaxed expression, sitting on the ground next to your bed. You could hear his tail thump against the floor when you looked at him.

"Puppyyyy..." You reached out to pet him while stretching. The two of you exchanged keys to eachothers places a little while ago, so it didn't take you too long to connect the dots.

"I... let myself in, but you were still asleep."

"Mhm..." You pulled him closer, and into a kiss. "I'm glad you did." After that, you sat up and put your legs on either side of him and rested on his shoulders.

The two of you cuddled on your bed, messing on your laptop while eating. You held his hand with your fingers intertwined between his while giving it occasional kisses. After you two finished your meal, his muzzle had its attention on you once again. "Is there anything you wanted to do today?"

"I was thinking about having a walk through the nearby hills."

"Should we go together?"

"Of course."

You were on your way to a route you chose. It was supposed to be a relatively remote trail judging by how far from the town it is. This meant it was probably going to be peaceful. Neither you nor Legoshi were into public displays of affection, and yet you really enjoyed spending time outside. This kind of thing gave you the opportunity to get the best of both worlds. You brought a ball for him, it was somewhat of an habit at this point. You realized the mistake the two of you have made on your way there after you were within spitting distance of the metropolitan police department. It was right on the other side of the road. You never really spoke about your aversion to the place, but you could tell it was well established from the past few weeks. You decided not to say anything, he probably thought the same thing. You eventually made your way to the trail. The view was calming, but your anxiety didn't dissapear completely. You understood that if you were being watched, this was a really bad idea. You got closer to Legoshi and grabbed his hand. He grasped yours in turn and pulled you a bit closer. You watched the scenery and enjoyed eachothers company.

"Are you still afraid of something happening?"

"Yeah. Does it show?"

"No, I was just wondering."

"Are you?"

"I think about it from time to time."

In the mean time you two made it to a small clearing on one side of the path. It made the view down on the urban lanscape visible. The scatered high buildings becoming lower and lower as the town thinns out into the surrounding vegetation. "Look, you can see the police department. And the academy."

"Yeah. Can you see the cliff where you can see the meteor festival?"

"Hmm... Yeah, didn't think you could from here." You observed some more before coutinuing foward. After a bit, you stumbled upon a typical fireplace you usualy find along these trails, circle of rocks or bricks, usually surrounding a shallow hole. You stopped and looked at it. Legoshi looked at you patiently. "Wanna roast corn?"

"When did you get corn?"

"I don't know how to answer that. Hungry or nah?"

You started to collect firewood, separating it by thickness. "Can I help somehow?"