|10| Pebbles

|10| Pebbles

June 27, 2012; 6:30 p.m.

Painting has always seemed to calm me down. Whenever I was sad or angry, I would just paint. It made me feel better. Instead of expressing my feelings on my wrists, I would express it on a canvas.

As I drove home, rain droplets fell from the sky, and splashed against the car. In the passengers seat, sat a painting. It was a portrait, and in it I was holding my favorite flower. A dahlia, which is what I decided to call it.

Once I got back to Val's, I grabbed the painting and ran inside. I would be extremely upset if 'Dahlias' got wet and ruined.

"Oh, Taissa! Welcome home. I was wondering where you went- you missed dinner." Val said, looking up from her magazine. I could hear the screaming and banging coming from Amaya's room. Jesus. They were animals.

"Yeah, I went out for a bit." I said, kicking off my shoes.

"Oh, that's nice. That's an amazing painting, Taissa. Maybe you could paint me sometime?"

"Sure, Val. This weekend."

"Great, thanks!" Val went back to reading her magazine. I went up to my room. I sighed as I leaned my painting up against my dresser. I decided to call my sister, Vera. I hadn't talked to her in at least a month. I unlocked my phone, and typed in her number. It rang for a few seconds, before she actually picked up.

"Taissa, nice to talk you,"

"Yeah, Vera. It is. It's been a whole freaking month."

"Well, you never called."

"Um, yeah I have. I've tried to call you, like, 10 times, Vera."

"Oh well. Anyways, how's St. Louis? How's Val doing?"

"It's all.. dandy. Val's.. great."

"That's amazing. I hope your having fun. Want to say hi to Fynn and Gytta?"

"Yes!" I loved my niece and nephew, more than my sister.

"Auntie Tai!" Fynn squealed into the phone. He was so cute.

"Hey, Fynn. How are you buddy? How's Gytta?"

"I have ice cweam! Bye bye!"

"Bye, Fynn." I heard some shuffling, before Vera came back onto the phone.

"Hi, Taissa. I have to go. Mom and Dad are calling. Talk to you later, love you!" Then she hung up. She was getting a call from our parents? I haven't gotten one call, or text from them. Favoritism, much? I waited 20 minutes to see if I would get a call. I didn't. I tried calling them, but of course, they didn't answer. I can't wait to hear what excuse they made for this. I tossed my phone on the bed in anger, and went to take a shower. I slid the black dress over my head, and hopped in the shower. The hot water ran down my body.

After I got out and blow dried my hair, I put it in a braid. As I searched through my dresser for pajamas, I heard a bang. It wasn't loud, but it cracked against my window. My heart started to beat really fast. Was I about to get murdered or something? I slowly walked towards where the sound came from, when it happened again. I let out a low screech, before falling to the ground in fear. I got up again, and opened the window. "Hello?" I called, crouching.

"Taissa," a familiar voice said.

"Evan?!" I hissed, standing up and peering out. There he stood, dressed in all black.

"Yeah, it's me! Get dressed, and meet me out here in 10." Before I could decline, he ran away. Damn it, Evan. I slipped off my towel, and put on a black scoop neck top, a floral skirt, and black opaque tights. I wrapped a robe around me and went downstairs.

"Hey, Val. I think I'm going to turn in. I'm exhausted. Don't check up on me." I lied. Please don't look at me and notice my tights, please.

"Okay, sweetie. Nighty night." She was cooking something on the stove- tea, maybe? Boy though, was that easy. Usually, my parents were extremely suspicious. I ran back upstairs, slipped off my robe, and put on mint green Vans. I grabbed my purse, and climbed out my opened window. I climbed onto the greenhouse roof, which was right outside my room. I took a deep breath before jumping off the greenhouse, onto the wet grass. My ankles were sore, but I dismissed the pain. I checked the time on my phone; 7:49.

"Evan?" I asked, looking around for him.

"Taissa," he said, appearing from behind a tree. He came towards me, and pulled me in for an embrace. He hugged me, but I didn't hug him back. "Want to have some fun?" he asked, smirking at me. There was this glint in his eyes that I've never seen before. His smirk, oh that smirk, it was something else. Against my better judgement, I nodded, and accepted his hand. He led me to his car.

***

Author's Note:

Hey Everyone,

The amount of support I've been getting lately is amazing. I just came on Wattpad to express myself. I never imagined getting almost 200 views on my story. For that, I thank you all. Sorry for the short chapter, the next one will be longer. Let me know in the comments how you feel about all of the characters, and the story in general!

x sami x