|13| Trouble

|13| Trouble

June 28th; 11:00 a.m.

I slowly turned the door knob. I prayed and prayed that Aunt Val wasn't in the living room or the kitchen, but of course, she was.

"Taissa Farmiga!" Aunt Val screamed as soon as I set a foot inside.

"Um, hi." I mumbled, kicking off my shoes. Great. I was so in trouble. It was so worth it, though. I finally knew Evan's feelings about me.

"You've been here 8 days, Taissa. I know you've snuck out twice so far, Amaya told me everything, and I really hope you don't do it again. I've been forced to contact your parents."

"Thanks, Val. Maybe now they'll finally call me!" I shouted enthusiastically, but sarcastically.

"I don't like that tone!"

"I don't really give a damn!"

"Taissa! Room, now! And, you aren't leaving this house for a week, and so help me, if I find you've left, you aren't leaving for the rest of the summer!" she screamed. I glared at her, with tears pooling in my eyes.

"Fuck you, Valerie. No wonder Amaya smokes weed. I would need to as well so I could try and make my life better while living with you, bitch!"

I regretted it as soon as I said it. I fake-smirked at her, before running upstairs. I ran past Amaya, who was standing outside of her room. She looked at me with cold eyes, and shook her head. I did just reveal that she smoked weed to her mom. Whoops. It's not like she didn't know already.

Once I got into my room, I slammed my door shut. I'm pissed off. Valerie doesn't have the right to force me to stay inside. She's not my parent. I climbed into bed. I plugged my phone in on the charger, because it was dead. I pulled my laptop out of my bag. I hadn't been on it at all so far. Since I'll be spending the week inside, I'm going to need it. I'm not going to break Valerie's rules. If I get caught, I'll have to spend the whole summer inside. That's not happening.

When I logged on, I realized I needed the wifi. I went to Amaya's room, and knocked on the door lightly.

"Amaya?" I asked, opening the door.

"What, Taissa?" she snapped, looking up from her magazine. She was laying on her bed.

"What's the.. um, wifi password?" I asked.

"Here," she grabbed a piece of paper from out of her side table, and gave it to me. It had the username and password.

"Thanks," I sighed. I left, and went back to my room. I connected to wifi on my computer, and searched Evan's name on Facebook. I wasn't stalking him! I was just.. learning more about him. After scrolling through a couple of names, I found his profile.

He was still in a relationship, according to his page. It bothered me, a little bit, how he didn't change it yet. Then again, they just broke up the other day, but he had a few days to change it. Were we in a relationship now? He did say he wanted it to be more than a one time thing. There were tons of pictures of Emma and Evan together, enjoying life. I could tell all of Emma's smiles were fake, but Evan's... they were real.

As I got to pictures from about two years ago, I saw something that made my blood freeze. A pregnancy test. I reluctantly clicked it, and read the caption:

Yeah, that's right. Emma's pregnant! We'll be having a little Mr. or Ms. in about 7 months! We're so excited. We're already picking names.

Emma? Pregnant? Do they have a child together? No way. I didn't see any baby stuff when I was at his house. What had happened? Did Emma have a miscarriage? I suddenly felt bad for them. That's when my phone started to ring. I looked over, and sighed when I saw the name: Mom.