|22| Happy Fudging Birthday- Part 1

August 17, 2012

I am 18 years old. I don't feel any different, though- am I supposed to? I still feel seventeen, even though I can do so much more now. I can vote. I can move out without my parents permission. I can have legal custody of somebody- not that I'm planning on it. I'm an freaking adult. Yay?

I am currently sitting in a cheap hotel room. Alone. No family. No boyfriend. No friends at all, for that matter. Utterly alone. On my birthday. I guess they all forgot? Neither my Mom or Dad has called. Oh, and add Vera to that list. My parents, my sister. I don't recall ever telling Evan when my birthday was, so he has a free pass. I guess.

It was inevitable that they would miss my birthday one day. I prepared myself for the pain of not getting a 'Happy Birthday, my child whom I love so very dearly!' call. But my 18th birthday? As I took another swig of whiskey, my phone started buzzing. The alcohol made my head spin a little bit, and I stumbled over to my phone. Please, be a birthday call.

"Taissa," Evan said, his sweet voice filling my ears and making my heart beat at the speed of light. "Hey."

"Hey," I replied.

"How are you?" he asked. I could hear a hushed voice in the background.

"Pretty good, you?" I responded, my heart dropping. He doesn't know it's my birthday. He doesn't know.

"I'm good, thanks. Hey, are you doing anything today?" he queried.

"Um, nothing on my schedule." I sighed.

"Want to come over at around 4-ish, then? Just to hang out?" Surprise party? Yes!

"Sure, just to hang out.." I agreed, purposely making my voice sound like I didn't believe him. Please be a surprise party.

"Yeah, just to hang out." he repeated, sounding rather confused. Is it?

"Okay, see you later then."

"Yep,"

"Love you," I declared, but he had already hung up.

Hopefully, he's throwing me a super awesome birthday celebration. That would be just amazing: my very first surprise party. I'm getting excited from just the thought. Music, dancing, cake. Everyone showing up, just to celebrate my birthday.

Being the pessimist I am, it probably isn't a birthday party. I never told him my birthday, so how would he know? I have a Facebook, but he isn't my friend. Oh, well. Might as well hang out with my boyfriend on my birthday that he has no clue about.

I decided to head over now, even if it is only three o'clock. I hate surprises anyways- might as well just find out sooner than later. I had my hair straightened, and a floral dress on. I looked nice, and presentable, despite how I was a little drunk.

Valerie left all of her possessions in Amaya's name, but since she isn't alive anymore, it all goes to me. Amaya and I were the only ones Valerie had; She had no parents, no siblings- just a daughter and a god daughter. I put the house up for sale, because I couldn't go in there with the memories I had. It sold for a couple hundred thousand dollars. A large chunk of that money went in for charities, like ones for anti-bullies rallies and such. I didn't need any of it, but other people did. I kept the truck, because I didn't have a car. I couldn't tell if that was greedy, or selfish. I didn't care, though.

The whole ride to Evan's apartment consisted of me trying to stay focused on the road. I never realized how buzzed I really was until I got into the car. I swerved onto the sidewalk a few times, and almost hit an old lady walking her cat. Whoops.

Getting up to his apartment, I held onto the walls for support. Something is wrong. I almost fell asleep on the elevator ride up (partially to blame is the boring music playing in there). I staggered towards his door. My stomach growled, and that's when I realized I had barely eaten in the past few days. I've had a few crackers, but that's just about it. I guess I never noticed, because of how depressed I've been, due to Amaya and Valerie's deaths. I need food, before I pass out.

Once I got to his apartment, I banged on his door. I don't know why I didn't just walk in. When he answered, he was shirtless and only wearing boxers, and his curly hair was all ruffled. Evan looked cute, despite the fact that his eyes were as wide as Valerie's backside.

"Taissa, what are you doing here?" he asked, as I pushed my way by him.

"I decided to come early," I responded, peering into his living room. No decorations, no people. Wow, that's depressing. I went to his refrigerator, and started to ransack it. He basically had nothing.

"Can you come back later? I.. I'm not ready yet." he stuttered.

"I can wait, Evan." I assured, shoving a pickle down my throat. I looked up at him, and his face was pure white and filled with fear. "Are you okay?"

"Evan, sweetie! Who's there?" someone female called out from his room. My blood turned cold, and tears quickly threatened to spill from my eyes. No.

"Who's that?" My question was answered when Emma walked out from Evan's bedroom, wrapped in his robe. The one I wore a few weeks back, after our first time having sex. The robe wasn't the only thing she was wearing; Emma had a wide smirk on her face.

Then everything went black.

~~~

Author's Note:

Ooh, cliffhanger! But anyways, sorry for the late update. I celebrated my birthday over this past weekend, and I've had loads of schoolwork since school is finishing up. There are only 3 parts left! How will it end? Post predictions in the comments.

x sami x