Chapter Fifteen

Being in a hospital really sucks. I already said that I hated hospitals, but being a patent makes me hate hospitals even more. I've been here for seven days because my head had to heal up. Today was my last day and Dr. Dun came to help me put my stuff into a backpack. 

"Hey did you hear the new song?" Dr. Dun asked.

"What the fUck dude? This is my seventh day at the hospital. Plus you disappeared for like a few weeks and you went to record an album? Without telling me?!" I said.

"Well yeah. I understand I am a doctor, but I am also a drummer in the band twenty one pilots." He said.

"I better get the album before anyone else." I mumbled under my breath.

"No you can't, buuuut I got you a free tøp shirt." He said tossing me a shirt.

"Thanks. I love how you had that on hand." I said.

"Well you have a lot of band merch, but not my band." He said.

"Are you offended? I'm the one in the hospital bed waiting to be discharged!" I said.

"I'm your doctor." 

"I don't understand why you're a doctor if you are already a big musician." I said.

"I want to help people. I mean I do help a lot of kids through music, but sometimes I just want to help kids face to face." Dr. Dun explained.

"That's nice." I said.

"Yeah it really is. I can connect to people on a personal level. I know I can't help every person, but that is the goal." He smiled.

There was a knock at the door and Dr. McAndrew stood in the door way. I kinda hate him because he is waaay to formal and too doctor like. Which is completely opposite from Dr. Dun because he is fun and very relatable.

"You can go now Frank. All the paper work is done and I put some pills into your backpack for you. Plus, I would consider coming back in two weeks and a hair cut." Dr. McAndrew said walking out of the room with a smile.

"Hair cut?" I asked.

"Oh yeah. Your hair looks pretty wild. Its shaved on one side, but not the other." Dr. Dun said.

"What if I get a hair cut like yours with shaven sides?"

"Do it." Dr. Dun replied immediately.

"Well okay." I said getting up from the hospital bed, "Could we go see Maya before we leave?"

"Yeah sure." Dr. Dun said putting my backpack on.

We walked to the elevator and waited for it to come to our floor. It didn't take a while, but there was a bunch of people on it. Maya's floor was just one above my floor, so it was a short elevator ride. Maya was transferred onto a 'rehab' floor, not rehab for drugs and stuff, but a physical rehabilitation. We walked to Maya's door.

"Hey bad hair cut! How are you?" Maya asked.

"Oh shush!" I said.

"Is that Josh Dun?" She said gazing at Dr. Dun.

"Yeah." He laughed.

"Oh my gosh. I love you and your band and Tyler. I can't believe you are standing right in front of me." She rambled.

"Thank you." He said.

"I didn't know you were a fan of them." I said.

"How? I sing their songs all the time!" She exclaimed.

"So that's what those songs were. I thought they were just songs you wrote." I said.

"No. I'm not that talented."