Chapter Eight

I gaped at the TV. I could not believe Maya was hit by a 'reckless' driver. Reckless my ass. More like drunk driver. I couldn't look at the TV anymore, so I looked down to the floor. After a few minutes a hand was waved infront of my face.

"Frank?! What's wrong?" Dr. Dun asked.

"That's my best friend." I said pointing to the TV without looking at it.

"Oh. Well maybe tomorrow you can go see her." He said.

"Depends on the severity of her condition. They said that she was in critical condition." I said playing with my fingers.

"It depends if her parents let you in, too." Dr. Dun said twirling his hair.

"That's not good for you." I said slapping his hand out of his hair.

"Sorry." Dr. Dun said dropping his arm.

"No I'm sorry." I said staring at the ground.

"Try to see her tomorrow." He suggested.

"Okay." I said.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I took a deep breath before I walked into the hospital doors. I really hated the smell of hospitals, it's probably becuase it smells too sterile. I walked inside and proceded to the front desk.

"Hello. How may I help you?" The front desk lady said. Her name was Deb, based on her name tag.

"Can you tell me what room Maya Radić is in?" I asked.

"Yes." She said typing on her computer trying to find the room, "She is on the ICU floor, in room 384. You can take the elevator up."

"Thank you." I said walking to the elevator that wasn't that far away. I looked at the sign near the elevator to find which floor she is on. Floor four. The elevator doors opened and I walked in and clicked the number four on the side. Eventually the elevator went up to the floor and opened. I looked at the signs right outside the elevator to tell me which side she was on. Rooms 300-350 left, Rooms 350-399 right. I walked right and there was another desk lady next to the door to the floor.

"Hello." I said.

"Who are you here to visit?" She asked.

"Maya Radić in room 384." I replied.

"Are you imediate family?" She asked.

"No." I replied.

"Well you can't go in." She said and at that moment Maya's mom walked out the door and noticed me.

"Hey Frank." She said.

"Hi." I said looking past her into the other side of the door.

"What is up?" She said.

"I want to go see Maya." I replied.

"Oh. Uh. You can't." She said sadly.

"When will she be transferred onto a regular floor?" I asked.

"We don't know. Maybe a couple of weeks. Plus she wouldn't be put on a normal TCU floor. She would be put on the Coma floor." She explained.

"Could I see her there?" I said.

"Yes." She said.

"Okay thanks. See you later." I mumbled. I rushed to the elevator that took forever to come so I took the stairs. All I could think of is that Maya could be dead inside a coma. If she dies then how am I going to live without her? I don't even know what else is wrong with Maya. She probably has major head damage and a million bones broken. I don't want to think anymore, I didn't want to be here. I rushed out of the hospital and ran to my house. Without realizing it, I ran past my house to Gerard's house. I knocked on the door.

"Hello?" Gerard said opening the door.

"Hey. Can I come in?" I asked.

"Uh. Sure." He said and I walked in.

"I don't want to thing about it anymore." I said.

"About what?" He asked.

"About the condition of Maya." I answered.

"Why? Whats wrong?" He asked. Like he didn't know, word speads like wildfire in this town and he doesn't know????

"She was hit by a car the night we had our first gig." I replied.

"Oh. Well she will be alright." He said giving me a hug.

"But she's in a coma." I said.

"Well she's strong." Gerard said. I nodded.

"Who's here?" Mikey said walking down the stairs.

"Frank." Gerard replied. 

"Are you guys gay together?" Mikey said pointing at us because Gerard was still hugging me.

"Totally." Gerard said laughing.

"Poor Lindsey." Mikey said.

"What are you talking about Lindsey broke up with me." Gerard replied. Maybe I had a chance.

"Because you like Frank." Mikey said.

"No. No one likes me." I said.

"Aw Frank. We are your friends. We love you. Plus, Maya loves you too." Gerard said letting go of me.

"Phffff. Who said I was his friend." Mikey said sarcastically.

"WeLl YoUr OuT oF tHe BaNd." Gerard said jokingly.

"Oh no so sad." Mikey joked.

"He's the only bassest available at school. So we kinda need him, Gee." I laughed.

"Dang, you're right. Mikey, you're back in." Gerard said putting his hand out so Mikey can shake it.

"Anyway I have to go. Thanks Gerard." I said walking out the door. I walked quickly home and I bumped into Pete.

"Did you listen to the song?" Pete asked.

"Hell yea! It was great!" I said.

"Okay good. I was kinda on the fence about it. I didn't know if I liked it or not." Pete said.

"Well I liked it a lot." I said.

"Cool. I'll see you later." Pete said. I waved him goodbye and walked home.

------------------------------------------------------

This was a really short chapter. I know. Usually my chapters are 1500 words, but this one is just 900. I really wanted to have a chapter like this before a christmas one. (SPOILER YES A CHRISTMAS CHAPTER IS COMING ON CHRISTMAS :D ) I promise that chapter is longer.

Didn't edit. Thats okay.

-M