Chapter Five

Our first band practice was today at Bob's house because he can't move a drum set easily. When I told Maya about the band she was stoked. If you knew her you could also see the jealousy in her eyes that she is not in a band yet. I told her that she could do a solo thing and use a computer for every other instrument and said that I could help her if she wanted me too. I know I was excited to be in a band and I can't wait to get to Bob's house. His house wasn't that far from mine; he just takes a different road from the school than I do. Walking up Bob's drive way, I already see that Ray's car is here. Ray's house is on the opposite side of town.

I ring the doorbell and I heard someone yell inside that the door was opened. When I walked into the house, I noticed that there were like four boxes of pizza on the table and two guys huddled around the pizzas stuffing their faces.

"Well hi guys." I said putting my guitar case and amp down.

"Hi Frank." Ray said looking up and waved.

"The Way bros are coming in a few." Bob said closing the box that they were both eating from.

"Cool." I walked over to the pizza boxes and opened one and took a piece.

When I finished my third piece of pizza, the Way brothers finally came. It really wasn't a long time, but I just can't wait.

"First matter of business. Set up in the garage and don't ruin anything. My mom will kill me." Bob said already walking to the garage. I pick up my guitar and amp and followed Bob to his garage. Mikey and Ray had cases and amps with them and Gerard came empty handed. In Bob's garage there were shoes everywhere and his drum kit.

"I heard you already got a band name." Ray nudged Mikey.

"I did, but I'm not sure if I want to give it away. It's really good." Mikey said.

"Well this is your band." Ray said.

"True." Mikey said.

"He didn't even tell me." Gerard chimed in. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"Well if you want to be in the band Mikey, you'll have to share." Bob threatened.

"Fine fine. When I was working at Barnes & Nobles, I stumbled upon this book by Irvine Welsh and it was called Ecstasy: Three Tales of Chemical Romance. I thought wouldn't that be cool to put the word 'My' in front of Chemical Romance." Mikey explained.

"My... Chemical... Romance..." Ray said slowly, "My Chemical Romance! I like it. Pretty badass!"

"Yeah." Mikey said smiling like he got a puppy.

"So I got super excited and categorized songs for our first album." Gerard said.

"Damn boy." I said, "That's fantastic."

"The album is going to be called I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love." Gerard said pulling out a setlist. Which looked like this:

I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love Setlist

1. Romance (No lyrics)

2. Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Both Of Us

3. Vampires Will Never Hurt You

4. Drowning Lessons

5. Our Lady Of Sorrows

6. Headfirst For Halos

7. Skylines And Turnstiles

8. Early Sunsets Over Monroeville