Chapter Seventeen

We were sitting silently in the cafe waiting for Tim to get us our coffee. I didn't want to say anything yet until our drinks came so I could hide behind the cup. Gerard was staring into the table, still in shock. Eventually, Tim came with our drinks and gave us a confused look, but didn't say anything. I gave a fake cough to get Gerard out of his trance.

"So, uh, here's the truth." I said, "From the start. I was waiting for you to get out of school and saw you, and you were waving your hands, but I thought you were waving to say hi or something. You were actually motioning that someone was behind me. That person was Lindsey."

Gerard let out a small groan.

"I figured it was her because I recognized her voice and she took that with surprise because she had a mask on. Then I woke up on the ground in the park, but the paramedic told me to sleep and then-" I was interrupted.

"Why didn't you tell me any of this earlier?" He asked.

"Because I didn't want you to worry."

"Oh... Continue."

"Well, she got my number somehow and threatened me to leave you, but lets face it, I'm not going to do that. Then she kissed me to make it look like I was cheating on you with her." I said in disgust.

"I understand. She did this before." He said. I gave him a shocking look.

"What?"

"Yeah... I dumped her before and she got flirty with one of my close friends to get me jealous." He said.

"Wow." I said.

"All she wants is me and I don't understand why." He said looking at his coffee.

"Maybe she is dependent on you or something. Maybe she's afraid of abandonment." I suggested.

"I don't know."

"Well, we will get through this." I said.

"If she ever talks or texts you again, tell me and we can work it out. Together." He said giving me a small grin.

---Spring Break---

T'was the day before we go on tour for like 7 days. I'm way too excited for my own good. I can't wait to see people all over the country watch us play live. I just love making people happy and I know we will make people's days. Sure, it was only 7 days in 7 different cities. First one is in Cincinnati, Ohio. Maya told me that she was born across the river from the city, which is pretty cool. She also told me that a lot of people just skip touring in Cincinnati.

I'm all packed and ready to go. I get my bag and went to Gerard's house.

When I got there, there was already a van in front of the house and everyone was already there. I was the last one, how fun.

"Look who's fashionably late!" Maya said. Oh, did I mention she's going with us too? Yeah, how rad.

"Oh, shush!"

"Whatever! You know you love me!" She said laughing and putting her arm on my shoulder.

"Is everyone else ready?" I asked.

"Almost. We have to pack the instruments into the van attachment thing." She said pointing to the black cases on the ground next to the van.

"Cool. I'll help put that in." I said walking over.

"Have fun!" She said walking inside the house.

I put most of the instruments in, eventually Gerard came to help.