Chapter Nine

It's been a few weeks since learning that Maya is in a coma. Two weeks ago, she was put on the coma floor which allows me to come in. I visit Maya every other day because one day I have band practice and the next I visit Maya. Whenever I walk in, the doctor always tell me if her condition had gotten better or worse. I don't think this doctor knows what he's doing because he keeps switching what her condition is, but it's none of my business. When she was received, she had a few broken ribs, broken shoulder, broken leg, and brain damage. Now, her shoulder and leg are almost healed. Whenever I visit, I always talk about what happened that day and how I'm feeling. I understand she can't hear me because she's in a deep sleep. I know I know. I always try to avoid her parent when I come because I don't want to have awkward conversations with them.

Today is Christmas day. No one knows how I hate Christmas. It's way to commercialized and they start advertising before Halloween, which that ruins Halloween. Plus, all the Christmas music is far too over played. The point of Christmas is about being with family, not about the presents. If Christmas is an excuse to be with family, that's great! But if it's not, its rubbish!

I walked into the hospital and walked onto the elevator. I pressed floor number 2 because that is where the coma patients are. There was 2 other guys in the elevator with me. One was in a hospital bed for transport and the other is the transporter. They were going on floor 3, which was good because I didn't want to awkwardly walk in the same direction with them. When the elevator arrived on floor 2, I rushed out of the elevator and went to the sheet to sign in. I looked at who came before me too.

Patient #27348 Visitors Sign Here (Immediate family do not have to)

Name-Time In-Time Out

Patrick S. - 12:38 - 1:13

Pete W. - 12:38 - 1:13

Andy H. - 12:38 - 1:13

Joe T. - 12:38 - 1:13

Doris S. - 1:43 - 2:02

Dan S. - 1:43 - 2:02

Hayley W. - 1:43 - 2:02

Brendon U. - 2:10 - 2:30

Dallon W. - 2:10 -

Frank I. - 2:40 -

Cool Dallon is still here. I walked to Maya's room and knocked lightly and entered. Dallon is playing a Christmas song that he wrote, it's called Sickly Sweet Holidays. He was playing the ukulele I smiled to Dallon and sat on the empty seat on the other side of Maya. Maya's room has been decorated for the festive season. I know her family does Christmas on Christmas day so they can fit in. Like I said before, her parents aren't from America. They moved here because of the music school. She was a child prodigy for the piano and she can learn to play instruments really quickly.

"Hey Frank." Dallon said when he finished his song.

"Hey Dallon. I really like that song." I said

"Thanks." He said waving his ukulele a bit.

"How's your Christmas?" I asked.

"Good. I just joined Panic. Since, you know, Ryan and Jon left." He said.

"That's great!" I said.

"Yep. So I paused The Brobecks, for now I'll eventually do more songs for The Brobecks." Dallon said.

"Dude. Anything you do is amazing. You have so much talent that it hurts me." I said laughing.

"Well, dude." He mimicked me, "You are in a band and I'm in a band. We are both equally talented!"