Chapter Thirteen: Not Funny Harley

Finally, we made it to the office. Apparently, our target was on the other side of the door. They were making a big deal about keeping whoever it was a secret. Rick headed towards a door in the back of the room. Harley and Deadshot started to follow him.

"Woah." He waved a hand at them, "Wait here. Please. I don't want to give this dude a heart attack."

"Aww." Harley pouted, "He's embarrassed by us."

"Hey Flag." Deadshot said, "This dude better cure cancer after all of this shit."

I ignored their conversation, sitting on a pile of boxes. I fiddled with my gun, to avoid looking at Harley. I couldn't believe after all I had gone through for her, she was mad at me. Worst part was, I couldn't be mad at her. I wanted to. I wanted to hate her for it so badly, but I couldn't bring myself to. You ever been in love? Harley's question echoed in my head. I ran a hand through my hair in frustration.

"What's wrong with you?" Harley asked,

I ignored her.

"Oh now you're mad at me?" She pursed her lip,

"Harley don't start." Deadshot warned,

"What?" She swung her bat over her shoulder, "I don't see why we can't have a conversation."

"Harley, please." I said quietly, "I can't do this right now."

She must have realized I wasn't in the mood because her tone changed, "Why did you come here if Puddin didn't send you?"

I looked up at her, "Are you being serious?"

"For once, yeah."

"All the times we've had together and you really don't know?" I asked,

She shook her head.

I laughed, but there was nothing funny, "Joker really broke you."

She teared up, and jabbed her bat in my direction, "You have no right to talk like that. No right!"

Suddenly Flag re-emerged from the door, with Waller right behind him. You've got to be kidding me.

"No way." Harley's jaw dropped as she saw Waller.

"Let's go home." Flag said,

"Yeah, let's go home." Boomerang mocked, "That sounds good, you guys wanna go home? Hmm? Or you wanna go back to prison?"

"I'm not going back to prison." Harley said,

I touched my gun on my hip. It looked like things were about to get serious. If a fight broke out, I wouldn't know what to do. Flag did heal me after all. But I hated Amanda. And, even though Harley and I were fighting, I had to keep her alive.

"What I'm saying is, we kill the pair of em now before they kill us." Boomerang suggested,

Katana drew her sword, but Waller stopped her, "I got this. You all made it this far. Don't get high spirited on me and ruin a good thing." She lifted up the detonator. Boomerang grudgingly backed off.

She pushed past us, walking up the stairs to the roof. My fists were balled up so tightly my knuckles had turned white. I made eye contact with Flag. He nodded at me and I grudgingly followed Amanda onto the roof. At first I thought it was snowing, but it was just the ashes of the city. A soldier attempted to make contact with the helicopter that was going to get us out of here, but it didn't respond.

"Boss, they're not talking to me." The man said,

"Our bird's been jacked." Flag realized, "Light it up!"

The soldiers shot at it. Machine gun fire sent all of us running behind barriers. I looked for Harley, and ran towards her. I tackled her to safety. We were next to Deadshot. Over the clamour, I heard Joker's laugh. I sighed in relief. At least he wouldn't kill me. I hoped he planned to save me too. Deadshot noticed something on Harley's neck.

"What, I got a hickey or something?" She asked,

Suddenly, her phone lit up with a text from Joker. All it said was "NOW!" Harley smiled and stood up. Deadshot shook his head at her. She ignored him. We looked at each other, then looked over our barricade at Harley.

"Harley!" Deadshot shouted.

I jumped up. That idiot was going to get shot. Or get her head blown off. She walked towards the bird, taking off her jacket.

"Kill her!" I heard Waller shout,

I ran towards Waller, attempting to stop her from killing Harley. I slammed into her, knocking her to the ground.

"Her nanite's disarmed!" The man shouted,

I sighed in relief. I looked at the man's device. My nanite was disarmed as well. I stood up and looked at Harley.

She turned around and waved at me, "Come on!"

I shook my head, barely, so only she could see. She looked hurt, then looked between me and the helicopter. "Go" I mouthed to her. Joker shouted something to her, and she nodded at me. She turned, ran towards the helicopter, and jumped off the roof, grabbing the rope the Joker had tossed down for her. Joker beckoned me with a hand. In another life, I ran towards the helicopter. I grab the rope, landing just below Harley. We both climb to safety, and make up for all the stupid stuff we said. But I didn't. I don't know why I didn't jump. Maybe some part of me knew what was about to happen. I stayed put.

"Deadshot! Shoot that woman right now!" Waller shouted,

"She ain't do shit to me." Deadshot shook his head,

"You're a hitman right?" Waller said desperately, "I got a contract. Kill Harley Quinn. Do it for your freedom and your kid."

"Now she dead." Deadshot agreed,

"What?" I ran forwards, "You can't!"

Two men ran up behind me, grabbing my arms. I punched at them. Three more grabbed me.

"Deadshot no!" I screamed.
He set up his scope. He was really going to do it.

"You're a traitor Floyd! A fucking sellout just like Harley said!" I shouted,

Boomerang and El diablo looked at me with concern. Amanda punched me in the stomach. I looked at Harley. She was doing tricks in the air, her legs above her, a playful smile on her face. There was a gunshot. Harley's body fell, limp. She hung from the rope. The air left my lungs. That was it. My throat was completely dry.

Suddenly, she sprang back up, laughing. I hung my head in relief. Not funny Harley.

"I missed." Deadshot said casually,

The men released me, and I fell to the ground. My legs were shaking from the relief I felt. And then Waller gave the order. To shoot down the helicopter.

Author's Note: The other day I was in a writing mood, and I wrote so many chapters ahead. I've written up until chapter twenty, but you'll just have to wait until I post it hehe sorry. Anyways, Thank you for reading! And voting! And following! I might actually post the next chapter early because I feel like this chapter wasn't very good. Have a great day/night though :)