Chapter Twenty: Espresso

I checked the clock on the wall for the millionth time. Guards were supposed to come get me twenty minutes ago for my weekly time with Harley. For the last two weeks, they had let me visit her at specific times. We were both locked in her cage. I benefited from her espresso machine quite a bit. We were allowed forty minutes at a time, with guards watching. But today they were late. And they were never late.

That's when I heard shouts. And gunfire. A guard ran past my cell, then fell to the floor, a bullet in his back. I jumped back, hoping whatever it was would leave me alone. Five more guards ran up to my cell. One of them had a metal cutter. I stood back in confusion. They cut off the lock on the door, and pulled it open, allowing one of the other guards to step inside. He stopped and pulled off his helmet, revealing himself as the Joker.

"Holy shit!" I shouted,

"Miss me?" He smiled a creepy smile.

Harley bounced into view and popped into the cell, "Isn't this great!"

More shouts came from behind the cell door.

"We'd better get going." Joker's eyes flicked back and forth.

I smiled. He turned, pulling a machine gun on the guards who stood in our way. He mowed them down. Harley followed loyally behind him. A guard ran at me from behind us. I smiled, that familiar rush of a fight taking over me. I ran at him, and his confidence wavered. I lunged at him, knocking him to the ground. I punched him in the face, and took his gun, spinning to shoot another guard.

I ran to catch up with Joker and Harley, but paused when I passed the control room. I checked the security cameras. Deadshot and Boomerang were on screen. Killer Croc too. I glanced at Joker. He wouldn't save them. I broke off from the group, and ran towards Deadshot's cell. Not many guards tried to stop me, and those that did ended up dead.

I reached Boomerang's cell first. I killed the guard in front of his door, and took her key. I had to use all my strength to pull back the heavy metal door, but it was worth it. Boomerang's face was priceless.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He asked in his accent,

I smirked, "Saving your ass."

"How'd you get out?" He asked,

"Doesn't matter." I waved it off, "Get Deadshot and get out of here."

"What about the Croc?"

"Him too!" I said,

"See you around l/n." Boomerang said,

"Hopefully not." I grinned and run off, back towards Joker and Harley.

"Where'd you go?" Joker asked as we walked,

"Taking care of business." I said vaguely.

The three of us, along with the other fake guards broke out, into the sunlight. I smiled, brandishing my gun at anyone else who dared approach. Something else caught my eye. No way. It was my motorcycle. I thought it was gone.
"YES!" I ran over to it.

"I thought you might like that." Joker smiled, "Get Harley somewhere safe why don't ya?"

I nodded. Harley joined me on the motorcycle, sitting behind me. She wrapped her arms around my waist, and we sped off. We drove the opposite direction Joker went, to ensure they wouldn't catch us both. They didn't even follow us. We could hear Joker's mad laugh in the distance. His cackling was contagious, and soon Harley and I were laughing along. 

Author's Note: Thanks for waiting for this chapter! I'm going to post again today since it's been about a week.