11. The Outskirts.

ˊᵕˋૢ๑

"Um, maybe it'd be best if I went with Chirin? I dunno, it feels safer." you chuckle.

"Y/N... are you just going to abandon me for someone insane?" Kato hugged you tightly, laying his head on your shoulder.

"No! I'm not abandoning you, I just-"

"Y/N! Why would you choose Chirin? Why not me? I've been there for you every single day we've spent in this world!" Aren pried Kato away from you, forcefully shoving him elsewhere.

"God, shut the hell up, you two ignorant bastards! Y/N chose me because she feels safe with me and obviously is closer to me than any of you. Y/N will be going with me. That's final." Chirin yelled sternly.

"Guards? Yes, get these two pests out of my castle." she ordered.

Two guards entered the room, grabbing Aren and Kato by the collar and dragging them somewhere.

"Now," Chirin clasped her hands together, "We're finally alone. Peace and order." she sighed.

"Come, we will prepare for our trip." Chirin gently grasped your hand, pulling you towards her.

.

.

"I keep forgetting that this place is literally a fantasy world. No phones, no cars, nothing." you yawned.

Currently, you and Chirin were riding a carriage to the kingdom outskirts. It was being driven by horses, and was surprisingly a smooth ride. You thought everything would be bumpy and uncomfortable, because of the wheels and horses.

"Hm, yes. Honestly, it's quite nice. I could definitely see myself living like this forever. With you of course." the Princess responded.

You blushed, turning your head towards the window instead. The two of you had been riding the carriage for quite some time, as the land outside was now just farmland and flower fields. You wished you had a phone or some kind of camera to capture the scenery.

"As expected of a fantasy world! This place is absolutely gorgeous!" you smiled, resting your chin in your palm.

"Indeed it is. Oh! Darling, look ahead! I can see the first village we will be visiting." Chirin pointed out.

"Woah! It's so pretty! This is Luabel, right?" you gasped.

The town was surrounded by tall trees and flower meadows. Flowers were sprouting from every single crack and crevice, it seemed almost overgrown! The houses on the ground were built with some kind of stone and wood, but what caught your attention was the houses build on the overarching trees. They were almost like treehouses, all connected with bridges and rope.

"Oh my! This village is beautiful! I've heard about it's beauty, but this is beyond what I expected!" Chirin's eyes widened.

"Amazing! Come on Chirin, let's get going!" you grabbed her wrist and ran out of the carriage.

The two of you ran around the village, visiting almost every store.

"Hey look! The Dragon's Breath! Isn't that Luabel's famous bakery? Let's head inside!" you gasped.

"My, where did all this energy come from Darling? I can barely keep up!" Chirin smiled.

Running into the bakery, you immediately took in the lovely scent. It smelled like a sweet, warm fireplace while rain falls outside.

There was an old man behind the counter. He seemed ancient, with a wispy beard and skin that resembled tree bark. He had swirling horns on the back of his head and a large hat on his head.

"Hello sir!" you greeted.

"Evening. How may I help?" he smiled.

"Hm. What would you recommend to us?"asked Chirin. She was looking at all the desserts they had on display. There were beautiful treats with fresh fruits, cream and fantastic toppings. It all looked too good to eat, almost like art.

"Very well. I'll recommend our Golden Blossom Cake. I'd say you two can share it." he nodded.

"That sounds amazing! I can't wait to try it!" you skipped around the bakery in excitement.

"Yes, I feel the same. I'm so happy! This is like our first date!" Chirin smiled, grasping your hands.

Your face flushed, and you stopped moving around. A date? Was this really a date? You had never thought of it that way. Chirin's words just made you embarrassed, and you decided to sit down at a table.

"Oh, Darling look. The cake is ready. My! It looks fantastic!" gasped Chirin, as the man from before carried the cake on a plate.

"Holy shit! This is gorgeous! A literal work of art!" you really wished you had a phone. That way you could take a photo of the cake.

.

.

.

"God, I'm so full." you sighed, flopping onto your bed.

After eating, you and Chirin went to the inn that you'd be staying at. It was cozy and warm, and well decorated too.

There were bookshelves with a wide array of books, beautiful tapestries and some handmade furniture. This village was truly amazing.

"Today was the most fun I've had in a while. Thank you for accompanying me, Dear. You always manage to make everything fun." Chirin laughed, sitting on her bed.

"Yeah! Oh wait- aren't we supposed to look for that magician dude?" you suddenly remembered. All that fun made you completely forget!

"Correct. However I think we should leave that for last. We should enjoy ourselves until it lasts." she sat beside you, and cupped your cheek.

"I believe that we should not waste time on finding the magician. It'll just be futile."

.

.

.

-ˋ₊˚.🍓‧₊° 

writing this was wayyyy too much work :')