11. Someone I knew

Chapter 11

Someone I knew

Paige-

Mommy had to go to work again along with Mr. Gray, Mr. No-Manners, Mr. Smart, and Mr. America. Mr. Loud wasn't here so he didn't come. Mommy didn't want to leave me at home alone so she took me with them. She said since it wasn't a "Classified meeting" it should have been okay. The best part about it was that I saw Mr. Pirate again! Maybe this time I can wear his eyepatch! I decided to forgive him because mommy said that he didn't mean it.

We sat at a big glass table with big chairs. When I sat on my bottom I was only able to put my chin on the table so I couldn't draw. That's why I sat on Mommy's lap instead. They were about to start the meeting when another lady came in. I didn't recognize her and it was impolite to address her as "The Lady" all the time. She did kinda look like Marie though. I wonder if she was. I climbed off mommies lap and she didn't notice since she was paying attention to the meeting. They were talking about "public appearances". I quietly went over to the lady and tugged on her suit. She stopped typing on her tablet and looked down at me then around the table.

"What's your name?" I asked quietly but loud enough for her to hear.

"Maria Hill" she introduced. I frowned. She looked like Marie and even had a name like her. I held up my arms and she hesitated before picking me up and sitting me on her lap.

"My name is Paige" I said in response. "You look a lot like my sister" I said. She was a bit shocked and didn't say anything. "You sound like her too, her name was Marie. She died in the car crash with mama and papa" She just stared at me not able to say anything. I wrapped my arms around her and laid on her chest taking a nap.

Maria~

Not only did I not expect to converse with the child, I didn't expect to be napped on. So here I was in a meeting taking notes on my tablet with a sleeping child on my chest. I tried to just ignore it and continue taking notes but when I couldn't hear voices anymore I looked up.

"Oh look, she likes you" Tony remarked with a cheeky grin.

"What'd she call you?" Barton asked with the same grin.

"Marie" I glanced at Romanoff just in time to see her frown.

"That was her older sisters name" she said.

"I know, she told me" I looked at the sleeping child once more before getting up and giving her to Romanoff. After I composed myself I sat back down and looked to director Fury who was also looking at me.

"You were saying director" I said urging him to continue.

"As I was saying, our publicist is working on making the Avengers a bit more friendlier. The world is a bit skeptic on the fact that six powerful forces have come together to save the world. Most of them are wondering if you'd all turn and rule the world yourselves" The circumstances are unlikely, but the idea of getting the Avengers in public could be a bit chaotic.

"How am I suppose to maintain a cover when my face is plastered on the 8 o'clock news." Romanoff remarked.

"I'm afraid certain espionage missions are going to be off limits for you and agent Barton" Romanoff nodded and said nothing. "We'll be meeting with the publicist in a few days"

"Great, are we done here?" Stark said, obviously wanting the meeting to be over.

"Actually, she also did mention that Paige would make a good impression on the Avengers reputation. If she were to go public-" A chorus of "absolutely not's" and "hell no's" sounded throughout the group. Stark spoke first.

"We have enough enemies individually as it is, if the entire world figures out that Romanoff has a kid-" Stark was cut off by Fury.

"We know the risks as well as you do, I told her that Romanoff would disagree but seeing as everyone does, I will inform her that it's non-negotiable. Dismissed"

Paige~

I was half asleep when everyone was disagreeing on something. When everyone started moving around I was fully awake. Mommy was carrying me and it took me a minute to realize we were leaving.

"Mommy, I didn't say bye!" I said before twisting to get out of her arms and then running down the hall to the meeting room. Fortunately for me Marie and Mr. Pirate were still here. I ran up to Marie first since she was closest. I jumped into her arms and she dropped her papers.

"Goodbye Marie" I said then pressing my lips against her cheek. I gave her a tight hug before twisting out of her grip and walking on the table to give Mr. Pirate a tight hug. He seemed uncomfortable so I only patted his bald head. "Goodbye Mr. Pirate" I got out of his grip and got off of the table. It was just in time too. Mommy appeared in the doorway and I took her hand.

Natasha~

Paige took my hand and smiled up at me. I looked back at Fury who was grinning at her and Hill who was blushing with a small smile. I looked back down at an innocent Paige.

"Don't run off like that дорогая" (sweetheart) She nodded and I glanced back at my two boss's before walking back down the corridor with Paige. "What were you doing дорогая?"

"I was saying goodbye to someone I used to know" She answered. She gave me a small smile and I returned it.

_____

Hope you enjoyed! I added extra feels!!