24. The Last Page

Thank you all for the 50k reads!! I'm so glad you all enjoy the story!!
____________

Chapter 24

The Last Page

Natasha~

I watched as the Hulk snatched Paige out of mid-air and a gasp escaped me. Not that I wasn't relieved that someone caught her, but when that someone could crush her with just his thumb... Well I assume you know where I'm coming from.

I finished off my current opponent before racing towards where the Hulk landed with Paige. I felt even more adrenaline pump through my body as I took off in fastest I've ever run, especially while simultaneously taking out villains as I ran. My mind swung back and forth through the scenarios that could play out and I tried my hardest to stay positive. Finally when I came close enough to the Hulk to see Paige my heart skipped a beat. Her eyes were still closed and she wasn't moving.

I completely ignored the Hulk as I checked Paige's pulse. It was weak but thank god it was there. I took her in my arms and held her close kissing the top of her head. My hand flew to my ear to get a medic evac but I had forgotten that I didn't have a comm as I had just arrived a half hour ago. A dangerous thought entered my mind as I looked up at Hulk who was protecting Paige and I. I checked Paige's pulse once more and decided if I waited until I caught someone's attention she wouldn't make it. Looks like I'm gonna have to put my crazy idea to work.

//

I made sure Paige was secure before I allowed the Hulk to geo-leap hundreds of feet in the air. My eyes were closed as we flew through the air. For a second I wondered if Paige was enjoying this roller coasterish ride until I remembered she was on the brink of cardiac arrest.

Finally once Hulk landed on the helicarrier and I was safely able to dismount with Paige medics were already lining up to take Paige. I tried to keep up but the others kept holding me back until she was out of my sight.

"Romanoff! Save your strength we're gonna have to send you back out there. Just debrief on what the hell just happened out there." I assume he meant what happened on Asgard.

"To be honest I wasn't there for that long and all I was able to witness was my kid unleashing a scary amount of power. I don't know what's going on with her but I do know that I need to know she's okay." An agent came up to his with a small box the size of Fury's palm and quickly walked away.

"I completely understand and I will let you know how she is as soon as I can but I need you out in the field you aren't any use up here."

"But-" Fury cut me off by shoving the box into my hands.

"Suit up and someone'll get you on the ground asap." He instructed and walked in the direction they took Paige. I opened the box and a comm device was revealed. I put it in my ear and turned it on.

"Alright boys what the hell is going on?" I questioned switching from momma bear mode to black widow mode.

"Long story short there was a prison break and most of our least challenging villains have escaped." Clint filled in. I began speed walking to the locker room I usually go to suit up in.

"Plan?"

"Well, we had a plan but then we realized we were too short on teammates so right now the plan is shit." I rolled my eyes at Stark's angry tone.