07.

chapter seven: for my sanity

VOICES. VERY LOUD voices are all I can hear through the walls of my bedroom.

After leaving my workplace for my Friday night day off, tired, angry and worst of all -hungry- I went straight to meet up with Yeri. I'd been meaning to since she gave me her number.

We ended up at an underground karaoke place and long story short- I can still hear the music ringing about my ear drums. It's beginning to drive me crazy and Taehyung's argument with whoever isn't improving things. It is, in fact, making this much, much worse.

"I told you not to touch it, damn it!" Taehyung shouts. It is muffled by the kitchen door separating him from me.

"And I said, I didn't!"

"So who else did? Because I'm almost a hundred per cent sure that Aera wouldn't eat an entire packet of Doritos, to share!"

I can hear the sneer in his voice as he emphasises the words 'to share'.

Next thing I know I hear pots clattering alongside grunts of effort.

At this point, my head was going to fall off. I need some type of painkiller if these boys don't stop soon enough.

"What's going on here?" I asked, swinging the door open.

Even I surprised myself, but there was no time for that. I clamber around, searching cabinets.

Jae stands there, hair sticking up and sleep etched onto his swollen features while holding a frying pan dangerously close to Tae's face. It seems he's come to sleep over again. If I'd known I would've asked him all about his travels.

Taehyung too is in his pyjamas, a khaki green tee and flannel shorts like his brother's, looking like he's about to put his hands on him. His curly hair is in a mess, stray strands flowing near his face, covering his eyes. He blew a few away.

"Why can't I find any-"

As soon as I did, Jae screamed in a very abnormally high-pitched vocal range, the pan hitting the ground and his hands rushing to cover his face.

"-Tylenol."

I mouthed 'what?' to Taehyung but he only pointed to me while subtly looking elsewhere. I took a long hard look at myself and felt hot instantly. I am still wearing my t-shirt and boy shorts from yesterday since I was too lazy to find something else since I was too tired.

"For my sanity, Aera, please change."

I raise my hands in defeat. "I'm sorry you're scared of my legs. You look like you're about to cry." I taunt, him while he rolls his eyes and gets back to what he was doing.

I trudge back to the bedroom and make the bed, deciding to begin my morning the right way. I remove my clothing while the shower warms up, the awkward feeling slowly sinking in as I get my memory of yesterday's events.