#spin-off 1

⋆ ˚。⋆

jaebeom

- ¿ -

I sigh deeply, shoving my boots off one by one and listening out for the clunk sound they make when they come into contact with the wooden floorboards.

It's been a couple of weeks since we found Aera again. A couple of weeks and we've already managed to screw everything up once again. I want to be able to blame Taehyung for it again this time, but it's inevitable for even a blind man to see that I'm the one to blame.

I run both of my very stressed hands down my face. I'm tired of this. I want out. But I can't have out. No one can, not when you've been born into this thing.

The very thought of what deep, menacing work my family has been rooted in for generations sparks nausea in me. Irritated, I start removing articles of clothing and run the shower for warmth.

Once I've scrubbed my own 'sins' off my skin (which, to no avail) I moisturise my skin, and wear more comfortable clothing instead of jeans and a dark t-shirt. I switch the TV on to drown out the remainder of the thoughts I have running through my mind like a tsunami, but my attention is soon taken away from it when my notifications go off.

Taehyung

should we still go through with this whole thing?

Taehyung

she asked for a divorce. this might ruin everything for ns

Taehyung

us*

I roll my eyes and am about to switch my phone off when another set of notifications comes through.

Yeri (girlfriend)

explain urself

what the heck is going on?

Yeri (girlfriend)

she cut me off too

don't make me do the same

Yeri (girlfriend)

ignoring me wont fix things jae

Yeri (girlfriend)

jae ill block you

answer me. this isn't abt you. its abt aera and shes

literally my best friend

I open the app and try to message her back as soon as possible. She always keeps to her word and now is not the time for me to start getting upset.

me

im sorry

wasn't ignoring u

went to 🚿