Chapter Eight

"What do you mean you had your phone during school?!"

Kaelin sighed, pinching his forehead as he tried to concentrate on his studies while his parents and Jett were too busy shouting at each other. 

"Kae, are you in heeeere?"

He sighed and opened his bedroom door. "What is it, I'm trying to study- Wendy?"

Wendy Kirkland stood leaning next to the door frame, frowning hard at him.

"What do you want? Do you want me to prank Andrew again? Because I can't, I have to study-"

"That's not it." Wendy interrupted, welcoming herself into the room. "So what do you say about pairing out brother up with someone?"

Kaelin stared at her. "Jett has a crush?"

"No, not him. Andrew."

"ANDREW?!" The man was even more surprised at the news. "What's Andrew doing, getting himself a crush?!"

"With my teacher no less." she added, watching in amusement as Kaelin's eyebrows almost shot off the end of his forehead. "Anyway, seriously that's not the important bit. Mr. Predictable- I mean, Vargas's brothers also want to get them together... and I'm twelve, what can I do?" she shrugged, smirking at him.

"I know you have something planned... what do you want me to do?"

"You know how next week is Parent's Day? And mum and dad are both busy?" 

His eyes widened. "Oh, great. You want me to go instead?"

"A-NUH, idiot." Wendy turned around to leave the room. "Oh, and you better pair them up quick because I want Mr. P- Vargas to go on his honeymoon so I can annoy the class!!" she called over her shoulder, before bounding down the stairs.

Kaelin stared at the empty spot where his sister was just standing, chuckling.

Romeo woke up the next week, and pouted. He didn't really like Parent's Day too much. There was nothing wrong with it, obviously, but he didn't quite see the point of it. It was a day were parents watched their children attend school, except that the day was a lot more exciting for the children than usual. 

It was frightfully boring, from his perceptive.

So he therefore went to stuff his face into his pillow, attempting to fall back to sleep.

"Romeo, Romeo, where art thou- ROMEO GET OUT OF BED!!!" 

"Shut up..." he mumbled, trying to block out  Lovino's shouts.

"No, today is a very special day. It's Parents Day, stupid. Now- ouch, you're heavy- get out of your bed!" Lovino dragged the poor man onto the floor and dumped him there. "Sheesh."

Romeo picked himself out of his bed, glaring at his older brother. "Yes, thank you for that... wake up."

"No problem. Feliciano's making breakfast, I suggest we go down and eat?"

Romeo grudgingly followed him down to the kitchen, where Feliciano was busy making egg and ham omelettes. 

Feliciano handed the plates to his brothers and they ate the dining table. 

"Well, anyway. Have fun at your very important day." he shrugged.

Romeo instantly scowled. "You're both going to be there with me..."

The other two glanced at each other. "Eh... kinda."

He rolled his eyes, finished his eggs and threw it in the sink. "Anyway, we better go now, shall we?"