Chapter Twelve

The Italian brothers were walking over to the Pizzaria together, as it was a favourite pastime for the three. 

Romeo and Lovino went to sit down, and Feliciano went off to get his fiancé, Ludwig. 

As Romeo sat down, his older brother decided to pull his chair from underneath him. Romeo fell to the ground with a thud.

"Ha-" Lovino cracked up, struggling to keep himself calm upon looking at the murderous glare at his brother's face.

"Never do that again unless you want me to end your life." he growled.

"You'll never do that, because you'll die of the guilt."

"Well, stop!"

Before Lovino could say anything else, Feliciano came bouncing in with Ludwig walking calmly by his side. 

"What are you doing, Romeo? There's a chair for a reason!" the youngest of the three smiled.

He scowled, but obeyed.

The four men sat around the table, eating salads and chicken wings. 

"Sometimes I wonder why the youngest child is getting married first." Lovino said, as he swallowed. 

"I grew up with Ludwig." Feliciano shrugged. "It's a typical childhood love story."

"And then it's Romeo..."

"Excuse me, but he dOESN'T EVEN LIKE ME-"

"So what about you?" Ludwig interrupted, not wanting to hear the usual argument. Again.

"Me?" Lovino pointed to himself in confusion. "What about me?"

"Do you like anyone?" 

The other two brothers both looked at each other, shocked. How come they never thought of asking that?

"Well, no I don't-"

"How about Antonio? You're always hanging out with him!" Feliciano cut in.

"Because we're friends-"

"Um, when I say that, you don't believe me-"

"Romeo, you're so obvious and you're not even good at lying-"

"But you must've at least have had a crush on someone! I refuse to believe you haven't-"

"Well, it's the truth, Feli-"

"So not Antonio, how about Marielle?! You would always talk to her and spread rumours about me to her! If that isn't love, I don't know what is-"

"Hey! I just liked making trouble! It wasn't because I liked her, Romes! Besides, wasn't she dating Andrew at the time-"

"But Andrew did say he didn't love her like that! And you can have one-sided feelings-"

"Marielle was just a friend, Feliciano! Why can't you see that-"

"Because I don't think it's possible to have NOT have a crush at this age-"

"It is, because I haven't had one-"

"How do we know you're not lying?" Feliciano interjected. "Because you fear we'll make fun of you-"

"I don't fear that, that's my job, not yours-"

"Okay then, just tell us one crush of yours-"

"I can't if I've never had one before-"

"That's a lie if I've seen one-"

"CAN YOU ALL SHUT UP?!" Ludwig exploded. "This argument is unnecessary!"