Chapter Fifteen

Romeo kept his promise and that weekend, the three brothers found themselves roaming the streets. 

"Hurry up, Romeo!" Feliciano cried out. "Or you'll be left behind!"

He quickly followed him, walking through the crowd. "You should stop walking too fast." he scolded in return.

He was ignored as Feliciano pointed to a shop. "Look at that!" he gasped. "A teddy bear store!"

"Do you want to go in there?" Lovino asked.

"Yeah, can we?!"

They both looked at Romeo, pleadingly.

"Do you really think my wallet can handle it?"

"That's a yes then, let's go!" Lovino laughed. 

"That was not a yes-" he broke off as Feliciano shoved him.

"Idiot, we have money ourselves." he replied, running inside. 

They all entered the store, and split up, looking for various different things.

Romeo, who used to have a serious addiction to stuffed animals, tried his best not to be tempted by the numerous amount sitting on the shelves. 

He couldn't help himself.

Before long, he had began to touch the fluffy dolls sitting in front of him and sighing wistfully. Then an idea hit him.

What if he bought bears for his brothers?

Determined, he set off to find the best bears in the entire shop.

"Hello, sir. How may I help you?"

Romeo looked over his shoulder and saw a teenager smiling back at him. He had braces.

He decided not to answer the question with another question.

"Is this your part-time job?" he asked.

The kid blinked. "Yes, it is." 

"That's so cool! When I was a teen, I worked at McDonalds..." he gazed off in the distance, daydreaming.

The kid cleared his throat.

"Oh! Sorry, I was just thinking to myself." he laughed. "What do you do here?"

"Well, sometimes I restock the bears or help costumers."

Romeo nodded. "Hey, do you know what the best bears in the store are?"

"Yeah, why?" 

"I want to buy them. As a thank you gift for my brothers." he added as he noticed the kid's raised eyebrows. "What's your name, anyway?"

"Raivis Galante, sir."

"You can call me Romeo."

Raivis gave a bright smile. 

"That's too expensive."

"Well... it is one of the biggest here in the store."

The two were standing in front of a human-sized bear, that towered over the both of them. 

"Let's go for something smaller." he grimaced.

Raivis nodded and they moved on, looking for smaller but equivalently equal teddies.

"So tell me more about yourself." Romeo said. "You have braces?"

"Mhm. Because my teeth suck. An- My dentist says that I'll be able to take them off soon."

"Really? That's awesome! I used to wear braces too, and Andrew, he's my best friend, used to say he wanted to be a dentist because he didn't like how I was in pain all the time."