15

The next day, after school Amaya would be walking with Nishinoya, having been locked out of the gym until they went to get her signed up. They traveled in silence, having had dropped by her house to drop off their bags on the way. She would have her red hair up in a high ponytail, her curls in ringlets. Her green eyes were staring ahead, clouded in thought as she still was nervous.

".... Hey Amaya?" She would jump slightly with a soft yelp before she looked to him, "y-yes Yū??"

He seemed to be in thought as he began thinking on this reaction. He would finally ask, "Why do you run away when the idea of romance comes up?"

She would blink now looking at him, he looked back at her the two stopping on the sidewalk curve. "What do you mean?"

"Well the first time I was coming to try and friend you, but you ran away after I helped you up. I felt bad so i didn't chase you cause I felt I scared you away. Yesterday, dating became a large scale topic. When you asked me if it would be so bad, you started rambling and before I could answer, you ran away."

She would blush darkly and seemed to have a bit of panic in her eyes. She would respond first with a question, "if I answer will you answer a request for me?"

He would nod and smile "of course."

She would look down, fiddling with her skirt now, "I-I have a vivid imagination.... So that first time when I was against you're chest... A-and then yesterday, especially since we slept on the couch together that one time, I just..." Her face was starting to turn pink again, her cheeks heated as he went wide eyed, understanding.

"So wait you... But does that mean you like me?"

She wouldn't answer, walking again now as he followed her. They were silent again, until she spoke her request.

"When it's just us, will you wear your hair down more?" She didn't look to him as he turned his eyes on her.

Amaya would stop before a large building looking to him now as she added, still blushing lightly, "I... Find it um... more attractive... When your hairs down."

She would then walk forward, entering the building swiftly as he followed once her words hit. A smile and a blush on his face.

☆゜+..+゜☆゜+..+゜☆゜+..+゜☆゜+..+゜☆゜+..+゜☆゜+..+゜☆

The entire Karasuno Volleyball team felt truly blessed the rest of that week, they were qualified to play in the Miyagi Prefecture qualifiers, which began in October.  On top of that, they were invited to do a training camp in Japan by Nekoma.

"I'm excited to see Kenma again!" Hinata had been hyping up, something that always seemed to catch Amaya's attention. They all had to pack their bags, a full week staying on Fukurōdani's turf. This was good for Amaya cause the actual competition would be held during that week nearby. She also packed for that, even stating she would be practicing late at night to the coach Ukai, as well as some of the guys and Kiyoko.

The time was passing fast it seemed, and the closer to the day they all depart, the more Amaya became anxious. She couldn't sleep the night before, opting for texting Nishinoya.

TinyDancer: Hey, You still up?

ThunderBoi: Yea, what's wrong? Miss me 😏

TinyDancer: Haha, nah. I'm just anxious.

ThunderBoi: you don't miss me?! 🥺 Wth?!

ThunderBoi: I see how it is...

TinyDancer: Yū 😂 ofc I miss you. I'm not going to ruin your beauty sleep just because I miss you, ya dork.

ThunderBoi: Ik, Ik

ThunderBoi: do you think a call will help you sleep?

TinyDancer: doubt it, we can try though.

Amaya laid there, her phone on her chest now as she waited. She couldn't help the smile when her phone buzzed and she answered it knowing who it was.

"Hi Yū."

"Hey, does this help any?"

His voice was low, a sign he was being quiet as she flushed slightly. She really did like him, "yea, a little. I got used to having the team around and you in my house that I just feel more lonely. But I'm anxious right now cause my competition is before yours.... What if I fail...? Or worse, what if my parents come home and are furious?"

His silence indicated he was listening to her, leading her to smile when he answers, "If they get mad then they should try to understand. I'll be here if you need me regardless."

"Thanks Yū.... Please don't hang up? It's childish but knowing you're  here with  me on the phone is enough."

Hi soft response of a tired hum was enough to make her smile, her own eyes closing as she felt at peace.