35

Aimi  was sitting on her patio out back, waiting anxiously as she watched the night sky. She was replaying everything in her head, from bullying Amaya with the grease in her bento box, to becoming friends with Amaya and even to two days ago when Amaya's mother threw her own daughter aside.

"Tsk." She sucked her teeth, narrowing her brown eyes at the mere memory. Aimi didn't have a mother, her father was currently in prison... So imagine her aunt's surprise when Aimi called the only parental figure she had and explained that the young dancers IDOL was nothing more than a glorified child abuser and that the daughter of this famous woman needed somewhere to go.

She heard the sound of the Hondai fit her aunt drove and a second vehicle. Aimi stood and made her way inside, leaving her drink on the patio as she padded back in, barefoot. The door open to reveal Amaya, Tanaka, Hinata and Nishinoya carrying boxes, her aunt and one of her aunt's coworkers walking in.

"Aimi, show Takahashi-Chan and the guys where her room is." Her aunt addressed, causing the ravenette to lead them off.

"I had no idea Saeko worked with your Aunt." Tanaka started a conversation with Aimi, who only scoffed, "If it weren't for my aunt she wouldn't have that job."

The interaction lead to the honey blonde woman referred to as Saeko to smile at her oldest friend. Saeko has a slender body figure. She is slightly under-average in height, and has short, honey-blonde hair. She wore a black tank top with a red jacket, a pair of ripped jeans and combat boots. Very different from her fellow mechanic.

Aimi's aunt was a robust woman, her frame taller and her brown hair coming mid-shoulders. She wore usually a bright orange shirt with her dark denim jeans and black tennis shoes. She was calmer, much more homely than Tanaka's older sister.

"You think Amaya will be ok, Kaeda? She was pretty quiet on the way here." Saeko spoke calmly.

"I think it'll take some time. She was just disowned after all..." Kaeda answered softly, heading for her kitchen to make tea for everyone there currently.

In the guest room stripped down to bare minimum, Amaya began unpacking. She felt numb, moving almost robotically. As Tanaka and Aimi left her room to bicker about their relatives, Nishinoya would move towards Amaya, reaching out to lightly touch her arm. This tender action made her stop before he spoke softly.

"It's going to be alright.... I know you probably don't want to hear it right now, but it will be, ok? You've got a whole group behind you." She looked to him, hearing his words but still seemingly unresponsive as he continued, "You've got those two guys from Nekoma, Aimi and her friends, the entire Kurasuno boys volleyball club and Me."

He would step closer to her, his warm smile becoming serious as he cups her chin, lifting her face to look into his eyes, causing heat to raise up into her cheeks.

"You will ALWAYS have me. No matter what Amaya."

She would look away as she teared up, saying a bit before nodding her head gently. "Thank you, Yū." Pulling away she got back to work unpacking, not protesting when the libero began to help her. It was a process, but it was one that was getting done sooner rather than later.

☆゜+..+゜☆゜+..+゜☆゜+..+゜☆゜+..+゜☆゜+..+゜☆゜+..+゜☆

A few days had past, Amaya was practically on autopilot the whole time. It wasn't stopping her from doing her duty as a student nor as an assistant manager to Kurasuno's team. It was, however, effecting her ability to dance. She had no drive since the verbal exchange, no desire to dance. Despite it not even being something she wanted to do herself, it's all she knew to do. Being taught from such a young age, being pushed and even having it as the only means of recognition from her parents made this experience just as numbing.

"Any news on how things have been?" Hinata had asked Tanaka at one point, who could only shake his head no. 

"Why can't you see you're basically free now? You don't have to dance anymore!! You can do anything you want..." Aimi had attempted to coax her house mate, only to later be lectured to give the poor girl more time.

Even Tsukishima, a tall blonde first year who could usually care less had made a remark. His words having been a statement that shes even worrying Kageyama. Granted, this lead to a small dispute between the blocker and the setter, but the mere fact he commented on it didn't go unnoticed.

Nishinoya had been true to his word, he was there no matter what. From eating with her during lunch so she wouldn't be alone to walking her home every day after they finished volleyball. He would talk to her, even if she didn't smile or speak above a whisper. It was soon time to go to on another trip, a week long camp for the volley teams. This time, Kurasano was personally invited despite it being only for the Fukarodani district. They were getting off the bus, greeted by their personal host of Nekoma. Ayama was walking with Kiyoko, the two girls joined by a first year assistant whom Amaya didn't learn the name of. The trio stopped by one of Nekoma's players who reminded Amaya of Tanaka is Tanaka had a mohawk.

"THERE'S THREE OF THEM NOW?! THERE'S THE SEXY KIND, THE CUTE KIND AND THE EXOTIC KIND?!"

"Hey Tiger head..." Tanaka took this opportunity, stepping out with saint like energy as he bragged, "Behold, the benefit of going to Kurasuno High!"

They were overdramatic, Kiyoko looking to her two under classmen and encouraging they keep going while Amaya simply pushed a strand of deep red behind her ear and followed with their first year.

"You know, I don't think i got your name." She spoke, trying to be friendly towards the depressed girl.

"Takahashi." She spoke softly in a whisper, the blonde smiling happily as she was spoken to. It brought her joy knowing she wasn't hated like she assumed.

"I'm Yachi! I'm glad you're talking to me, for a while there I thought you hated me!" she nervously laughed, radiating kind energy like a ball of sunshine.

"No, I don't hate people without a reason." she explained, this being the most she's spoken in days.

"Yachi," Kyoko warned softly, "will you come help me put our things in our room? Amaya, make sure to take notes should a game start while we settle in ok?" She didn't even put up a fight when the two girls took her bag with them. She simply sighed before heading into the gym. It was there she was greeted by some who recognized her.

"Red!" Bukuto screamed, running to her before stopping, noticing something was wrong, "Woah, you don't look to good. You didn't get carsick did you?"

She shook her head, his loud obnoxious behavior drawing attention. It was this interaction Kenma noticed she was there. He would move, walking towards Nishinoya. His eyes were stern, giving off a rather protective vibe.

"I want you to tell me what happened to Takahashi..." His voice remained civil, Nishinoya turning with his own serious demeanor.

"I don't know how much I can say... None of it is any good...."