16

"Well, well, well, what a surprise. Not only is Karasuno here but they brought Red!"

Amaya would be standing between Tanaka and Nishinoya as Kuroo came closer, tilting her head as she was approached. The extremely tall male leaned forward causing her to take one small step back.

"Hello again." She greeted softly.

"Hi, if you want to say hey to Kenma again he's on the bench playing his phone." She would nod as he moved out her way and she did start forward. She didn't bother explaining herself, passing people to go straight to where she was told Kenma was.

Kenma was playing a game, his attention staying there even as she approached. She caught the attention of several people, some of the other teams members to some of the other lady managers. Amaya would move to look at what game he was playing, curious to know. She watched as whatever he was playing he was pushing blocks around to open a tunnel. When he reached the end where a chest awaited she would make a sound of surprise causing Kenma to look up at her.

"Oh, it's you. Hello." He greeted to which she gave a friendly smile.

"Hello again."

"Why are you here?"

"I'm one of Karasuno's fabled lady managers. However, I don't see why I'm needed. Kiyoko is more than capable. I do more watching than helping."

He would nod to her before he looked back to his game playing some more.

"That's neat."

"What about you?"

"I'm on the Nekoma team."

She would now be intrigued, "Until time to start, do you mind if I sit with you?"

As Amaya took a seat with Kenma, Nishinoya would be watching from the distance. He would be narrow eyed as he felt a pang of jealousy. It only got slightly worse when Kuroo, who was also observing, added his piece.

"He's saying more than two words to her and letting her sit with him. Maybe he does know her..."

Kiyoko's inquisitive tone came in, "Excuse me, but what do you mean?"

"Oh, we bumped into her at a market a while back. I was being friendly and bought her a flower she had been eyeballing. Kenma was interested in a keychain she had on her bag and when she left it seemed like he might have known her. I've never seen her before so it was before junior high." Kuroo would raise a brow as he answered, asking in return, "Do you guys not know anything about her?"

Nishinoya would walk off at that, heading straight toward her and Kenma. Amaya was giggling at something as Kenma smiled. Nishinoya interrupted  them, "Hey Takahashi, I think coach Ukai is looking for you."

It was a lie, his smile didn't even reach his eyes. Amaya looked at him, confusion in her own as Kenma stared at their interaction.

"Oh, um ok. Bye Kenma." She spoke, standing as she left to go find their coach.

Once out of earshot Nishinoya gave a glare to Kenma who simply returned it with a cold, blank face. Those who were witnessing such could see the electric tension between the libero and the setter.

"For someone she spoke briefly on, you sure don't seem that close."

"Do you know her??"

"Does it matter?"

Getting nowhere fast, Nishinoya was interrupted when the coaches all came in and announced the training camp would start. Kenma simply watching as Karasuno's libero rejoined his team.

"I don't know who seems to get you to talk more, Karasuno's number ten or Red."

"She has a name Kuroo." Kenma answered putting his game away.

"So, how do you know her?"

When Kenma didn't answer, kuroo only became more interested. His questions swirling in his head, coming up with possibilities. He'd ask again when he could but for now they would begin the training.