29

The words annoyed, agitated and frustrated didn't even begin to describe how Amaya felt right now.

Currently she was seated at a cute little café not that far from her house. She was supposed to have been meeting Kenma as he had asked her to meet with him and yet here she was, on a date with a Kenma substitute. Kuroo kept apologizing on Kenma's behalf and eventually it got old.

"You know Red..." Kuroo had been watching her reactions for most of the date, "If I were you, and I kept getting stood up for video games, I would stand up."

She looked to him now, confliction in her chest. "Yeah.... I just...." She would sigh and look away with a pout, "I wouldn't mind playing games with him... But it's starting to feel like I'm not as good as a video game for him...."

"You both seemed pretty happy at the arcade, maybe you two should reconsider your stance?"

She would look up to Kuroo now, thinking had as she looked deep into his eyes. She finally would give a small smile and nod. "Yeah... I think I'm not the right person for him. Kuroo, could I ask you to take me to his home? I think it's best if I ask him in person."

The two would stand and make their way into Kuroo's car, they were silent along the way when Amaya got a text.

Hinata: How is your date going?

She would ignore it for now, shaking her head just a small bit. Kuroo would be lost in thought himself, his face taking a stoic turn as he drove.

'Sorry Kenma, I can't keep stepping in for you.'

The two soon we're parked, both getting out. Kuroo would lean on his door a bit, offering a soft smile.

"I'll wait here, if things get dicey we can speed off yeah?"

Amaya would give an amused smile towards him shaking her head, "You make it sound like I'm going in to rob the guy! I'm just going to suggest staying friends Kuroo, geez." She would head towards the front door, taking a deep breath as she knocked. She took one final look back to get a thumbs up and a smile before the door opened to show Kenma. He blinked, confused.

"Amaya?"

"Hey Kenma, we need to talk."