34

It wasn't the original plan, the choreography went from the story of a becoming the bully to instead being a message about Aimi's inner struggle being someone she's not.

Aimi stood in front of a prop vanity, the start being her fixing her makeup, she was dressed in an outfit she would've worn to outside of school, an outfit that was perfect for the popular girl. In the mirror however, was Amaya who started out mirroring her before stopping and suddenly Aimi blinked. Amaya began as if mocking Aimi, dressed to look JUST like her.

The music began and as Amaya moved to follow Aimi the two began to tell the story, Amaya was Aimi's inner self, trying to convince her to quit being so high strung and uppity. Trying to bring her back to a carefree form of herself where she was happy being real not fake. As they went, it would progress so that Aimi soon wasn't fighting Amaya anymore and soon was starting to mimic her moves. Purposefully they weren't in sync but before long, Amaya would disappear leaving Aimi to finish as if she finally had became who she wanted to be not who she was trying to be. 

The crowd wouldn't move for a moment, the lights coming up and as a certain group began to cheer the crowd would follow. Aimi would start to break down, tears falling until Amaya hugged her tightly, rubbing her back.

"I'm proud of you." She whispered into her friends ear, before the two stood hand in hand before the panel of judges.

☆゜+..+゜☆゜+..+゜☆゜+..+゜☆゜+..+゜☆゜+..+゜☆゜+..+゜☆

"Congratulations Amaya!"  Nishinoya was congratulating her as Aimi explained herself to her original friend group.

Amaya would look down smiling a small bashful smile, "It wasn't my story Yū, I just played the part of the past."

"Well I think you did amazing." He spoke sincerely, making her face flush.

"Amaya Takahashi." Amaya went stiff, her whole body read to be one of fear as the cold cynical voice of her mother rang forth.

Nishinoya stood by, watching as Amaya's frame trembled slightly turning towards her mother. Towering above her daughter at 172 cm, dressed in a suit with her heels clicking was a stern older woman. She has red hair much like her daughters, her hair up in a high ponytail. Her green eyes were cold, emotionless as the mother and daughter began to speak.

"Mother..." Amaya spoke praying her nerves weren't in her voice.

"Drop out."

"What?!"

"I said, drop out. There is no way you or that girl will win. You will drop out before you embarrass me further."

By this point Aimi's little trip had turned all watching as Amaya was confronted.

"I cant do th-" Amaya went to speak up, only to be interrupted.

"You can and you will."

As Amaya looked down, flooding with self doubt, Aimi and her friends all stepped forward, the three acting as guards for Amaya while Nishinoya glared with gritted teeth.

"Alright, back off lady." Aimi held her ground with her back straight.

"Excuse you, I'm speaking with Amaya."

" Funny, sounds more like you're commanding a dog. Yet the only bitch I see is you."

With a gasp from behind her, Aimi didn't back down from this fight.

"...." No words from Amaya's mother, the cold woman only standing straighter if possible. "I want you out of my house."

Everyone now went stiff and wide eyed as Amaya seemed to whimper. Amaya was tearing up, softly speaking, "B-but where will I go...?"

Turning her back on her daughter, she spoke over one shoulder.

"Live with one of these rebarbative inutile members in this band of delinquents you sunk so low as to associate yourself with."

With that she calmly walked off, disowning her daughter and throwing her out as if Amaya was nothing more than a piece of trash. Aiming was stunned, she turned to Amaya who couldn't stop looking at the ground as her body temperature dropped. Nishinoya was furious, his body shaking in rage.

"I don't know what she called me..." He started referring to the term 'rebarbative inutile' as he was ready to snap, "...but no one talks to Amaya like that..." He would go to step after the woman, only to stop when he finally heard the first broken sound of Amaya. He turned now, his eyes wide as the three who started out bullying her were trying to comfort her. When Amaya went to fall to her knees, just as the other three backed away, it was Nishinoya who moved to catch her. The libero holding onto her as Amaya shook and trembled weakly. He didn't know what to say, didn't know what to do...

So he just held her. As tightly as he could he held her as she began to choke on her sobs. His chest ached as she clung to him, his eyes started to water as she was shattering in his arms. People who had been passing by just assumed Amaya had been informed they didn't make it to the semi finals nor the finals, avoiding the dramatic teen girl.

However, the trio of girls who did know walked away for a bit. Aimi making a phone call to the only person she knew to call.

Nishinoya would stroke her hair, his words finally coming from his chest. Words that he would speak from the heart. Five simple words that shook the young woman with such a force that her walls took the final blow to fully break down now.

"I won't let you go."