Steve (Chapter 14)

My car broke down in the middle of nowhere. Just great, I had no way to call someone and I had no clue where I was. I was coming to Tusla to visit my cousins and my car HAD to break down. I began walking towards town, hoping there'd be a gas station or something. I found a gas station called DX or something, I didn't bother looking. I went inside to see someone at the counter. "What can I do for ya?" He asked. "My car broke down on the outskirts of town and I have no way to get where I'm going." He nodded and walked through a door behind him and came out a few minutes later with a tool box. "Will ya lead me to it? My friend'll watch the store for me, he's on his break for a few more minutes." I nodded and lead the guy to my car. "So... What's your name?" He asked, trying to make small talk. "Y/n L/n." "I'm Steve Randal(le)." I smiled and nodded.

((A/n): I've seen Steve's last name spelled multiple ways, I just spell it Randal)

"You from outta town?" He asked. "Yeah I'm comin' from Windrixville to see my cousins." I said. He just nodded. Once we got to my car he lifted the hood and started looking. He grabbed a tool from his tool box and started working on it. Eventually, he got it working. "There ya go, mind drivin' me back to the DX?" Be asked, a little embarrassed about the last part. "Of course, Steve. You did fix my car after all." I opened the door and got in as he got in on the passenger side. "So who are your cousins?" He asked out of the blue. "Sodapop, Ponyboy, and Darry Curtis." He looked shocked. "You're kidding right?" I looked at him then looked back at the road. "Why would I be?" "Sodapop's my best friend!" He somewhat yelled. "Ohhhhh so you're the Steve Soda's been talking about since we were kids!" I laughed. "Hey random, but while you're in town, do you maybe wanna go get some food or watch a movie some time?" He asked. "Sure Steve, sure." I giggled a little. He smiled. I parked in the parking lot and got out. " I'm gonna get something to eat real quick." I walked in the DX with Steve and saw none other than Sodapop Patrick Curtis. " Y/n/n!" He yelled, jumped over the counter, and hugged me. "Soda. You're killin' me." "Sorry!" He let me go and glared at Steve. "You two didn't-" "No! Soda why?!" Steve and I yelled. "I have to go meet Darry, ring me up please." I payed for my snack and headed out. Can't wait for this, my cousins know Steve and I'm gonna go out with him.