A Baby?!

When I woke up the next morning, I immediately blushed at the fact that I was laying on Steven. He was still fast asleep, but our pokemon were all awake and watching us. Instead of getting up, I moved closer to Steven's face, quietly saying, "Oh Steeeeveeeen. Time to get uuuup." His eyes slowly opened to my voice, but immediately widened when he realized I was on top of him. "A-Alyssia? What are you doing?" I smiled, "Waking you up so we can continue on our way." I got off of him and stood up, letting him get up too. We returned our pokemon and started walking. Steven cleared his throat and asked, "So do you want to go to Mt. Chimney before heading to the next town?" I looked at him with an eyebrow raised, "Isn't that a volcano?" "Yeah, but I figured you'd like to see it." I then smiled, "Ok, it'll be like a date." I glanced at Steven to see his face completely red. He stuttered out, "A d-date?" I stopped walking and turned toward him, "Unless you'd rather it not." "N-No, that's fine. A date it is." I smiled, "Great!" I turned and started walking again.

As I walked, I noticed Steven walking a bit closer to me than usual. His hand brushed against mine before firmly grasping it in his. I grinned to myself, I guess the whole date thing gave him confidence. I noticed him looking at me and asked, "Why are you staring at me?" "Because you're beauty is very distracting." I felt my face flush. As I was about to reply, a loud squawk interrupted me. We both looked up toward the noise, seeing a small flock of Fearow flying over. I said, "It's just a flock a Fearow." Steven then said, "Wait, there's something falling." "Huh?" I squinted, and to my surprise, there was something falling, and heading close to us. I saw it getting closer to the ground in front of us, and reacted. I leapt forward, catching the object in my hands as I slid across the ground. "Alyssia, are you ok?" Steven rushed toward me and helped me up. "Yeah, I'm fine." I looked at the round object, realizing that it was an egg. I blinked a few times, "An egg? What were those Fearow doing carrying an egg?" I looked at Steven for an answer. He shrugged and opened his mouth to reply, but a loud crack interrupted him.

Our heads snapped back to the egg in my hands, watching as it cracked apart with a blinding light. As the light faded, the egg in my hands was replaced by a baby Bagon. We both gasped and I let out a loud, "Awww." The little Bagon opened it's eyes, looking straight at me. It reached it's arms out to me and happily cried out. I stood frozen, not knowing what to do until Steven said, "It thinks you're it's mother." "What? Me?" I gazed at the adorable baby pokemon, listening to it coo softly. I smiled and cradled it to my chest. Steven then said, "Now I get it. Those Fearow raided another pokemon's nest." "That's terrible!" I hugged the Bagon, feeling sorry for the poor thing. I smiled at the Bagon, "Don't you worry, I'll take care of you." "It's mother is probably looking for it, maybe we can find her, until then, you must act in her place." "Alright. If I'm the mother, that makes you the father." Steven's cheeks were tinted pink at my statement. Bagon suddenly started crying, and somehow, I knew exactly what it wanted. "Food. Steven, we need food. He's hungry." "How can you tell?" "I have no idea."

We stopped by some berry bushes, Steven picking some and mixing them into a juice. To keep Bagon calm, I pet his head as I rocked him back and forth. Steven came over with the juice and held it to Bagon's mouth, which he turned his nose up at. I gently took the juice from Steven saying, "Let me try." I held it to Bagon's mouth, and sure enough, he started drinking it. Steven smiled and sat beside me, "I should've figured. He's depending on his temporary mother to feed him." I smiled as Bagon finished the juice, cooing happily. I rocked Bagon back and forth as I said, "Watching him eat has made me kinda hungry. Can you take over, Steven?" "Uh, sure." I passed Bagon over to him. He stood up with Bagon in his arms as I got up to get a few berries to eat. Before I could even do anything, Bagon started crying. Steven panicked, "Uh oh, please don't cry." Bagon continued crying as he held him. I finally gave up and let Steven pass him back to me. I rocked back and forth saying, "It's ok. Don't cry. I'm right here." Bagon looked at me and stopped crying, instantly snuggling against my chest. Steven said, "I'm sorry, Alyssia, but he prefers you. I'll get you some berries." "Ok." I sighed and sat back down as Steven went to pick berries.

When he came back, the sun was already setting and Bagon was fast asleep in my arms. Steven gave me some berries to eat while he ate his own, sitting beside me again. We finished eating and Steven told me, "You make a good mom." "Thanks." "Maybe we can find his real mom tomorrow." "I hope so. Who knows, maybe she'll find us." He nodded, "So." I looked at him, "So, what?" "Um, well, since we're going to go on a date, I figured I should say it. I like you, a lot. Ever since we met in Granite Cave, I could tell that there was something special in you. You were different from other people, that's what I like about you, why I wanted to travel with you." I smiled and scooted closer, laying my head against him. He stiffened a bit and asked, "Does this mean you return my feelings?" "What do you think?" He chuckled, "You know, I'd prefer a straight answer." I picked my head up and kissed his cheek, then laid my head against him again. "Does that answer your question? That's a yes." He slowly wrapped his arms around me as I held Bagon. He whispered in my ear, "I know, I'm only teasing. Goodnight, Alyssia." I smiled and snuggled closer to him, replying with a simple, "Night, Steven." He held me as I drifted off to sleep.