New Traveling Buddy?

Steven stood in silence for a minute, then replied, "Alright, I'd like to see how powerful you are." He threw out a pokeball, and out came a Metagross, which had it's mega stone strapped to it. I grinned, "Since I'm generous, would you like to pick your opponent?" "It doesn't matter to me, they're all worthy opponents." "Ok then, Houndoom, you're up." Houndoom walked over in front of me, ready to battle as I returned the others. Steven tilted his head and asked, "Why Houndoom?" "Because Houndoom has been wanting to battle you since we met, I can see it in his eyes." We then took our places for our battle.

We each touched our keystones and watched as our pokemon mega evolved. Both us and our pokemon stood silently, waiting for the other to move. Finally, Steven yelled, "Zen Headbutt!" Metagross zipped across the field toward Houndoom. I smirked, "It's fast, but not fast enough." Without having to say anything, Houndoom quickly slid under Metagross, dodging it's attack as I yelled, "Fire Fang!" Houndoom bit into Metagross's back, causing it to cry out in pain. Since Metagross is a steel type, that Fire Fang did a lot of damage. I could see Steven's surprised expression as he said, "Meteor Mash!" Metagross quickly turned toward Houndoom and charged at him. "Houndoom, jump!" Houndoom jumped on top of Metagross and pushed it down as he leapt into the air. "Now, Flamethrower!" Houndoom blew a Flamethrower down at Metagross, completely covering it in the blast. When Houndoom landed, Metagross stood for a moment before falling over in defeat, changing back to normal.

Houndoom gave a victory howl as he changed back and made his way over to me. I pet his head saying, "Good job, Houndoom." I then look over at Steven, who returns his Metagross while saying, "You did a great job, now take a rest." I return Houndoom and go over to Steven. He smiles at me and says, "That was a fun battle. I've never seen anyone with such skill." "Thanks, that's kinda what Diantha said when I beat her." His eyes widen, "You mean Diantha, the Kalos champion?" I nodded, "Yep, she's a good friend of mine." "Wow, you've already beaten and befriended two champions. That's quite an achievement." I laughed a bit, "Yeah, well, they don't call me a master for nothing." He chuckled, "That's for sure." Everything suddenly went into an awkward silence, neither of us saying anything. I finally broke the silence, "Well, it was nice meeting and battling you, but I'd better be on my way. See ya." I turned and started walking away, only to be stopped by Steven grabbing my arm. I quickly turn toward him, giving him a questioning look. He let go of my arm and asked, "Do you mind if I join you?" I could see his cheeks had a slight pinkish tint to them. I replied, "Well, I don't mind, but I'm going to be doing a lot of exploring across the region." He smiled, "That's fine. I'm not doing anything important right now, besides, I think it'll be fun to travel with someone like you." I shrugged, "Alright then. Let's head back to Dewford Town for now. We can rest there." He nodded and followed me as I headed back toward town.

The sun was setting as we headed to the pokemon center. We went inside, rested our pokemon, and got our sleeping arrangements made, each of us getting our own room. We then went outside, releasing all of our pokemon and eating alongside them. I looked at each of Steven's pokemon as they ate. He had a Metagross, Skarmory, Aggron, Claydol, Cradily, and Armaldo. After we all finished eating, Steven and I sat on a bench, watching our pokemon getting to know one another. I then noticed Steven's Aggron swooning over my Tyranitar. I giggled and pointed, "Check it out, I think Aggron has a crush on Tyranitar." Steven looked at them and replied, "Looks that way." Aggron started acting out and showing off, but Tyranitar only turned her nose up. Aggron then picked a few flowers, bringing them to Tyranitar. Steven then said, "Looks like he's trying to court her, let's see if it works." Tyranitar then turned around, slapping Aggron with her tail as she walked away. I winced, "Oooo, tough love." I heard Steven let out a sigh, and I looked at him and asked, "Something wrong?" He quickly shook his head, "No, no, I just feel a little sorry for Aggron, that's all." I got up and stretched, "Well, I'm heading to bed, night Steven." "Goodnight, Alyssia." I returned my pokemon and headed back to my room, passing out on my comfy bed.

Steven's pov

Poor Aggron. He tried so hard to impress Tyranitar, but she turned him down. I'm starting to grow feelings for Alyssia, but what if she's just like Tyranitar and turns me down? I look and see Aggron sitting on the ground, sulking. I mumble, "I know how you feel, Aggron." I sigh, at least I get to spend time traveling with Alyssia, and who knows, maybe in time, I can reveal my true feelings. Don't give up hope Aggron, because I sure won't. I get up and return my pokemon. I quietly head to my room, thinking of Alyssia and the beginning of our adventure.