The Red And Blue Orbs

I wake up the next morning to a knock on my door. I get up and stretch, hearing a familiar voice say, "Alyssia, you up?" "Yeah, I'll be out in a minute, Steven." I quickly change and fix my hair, leaving my room to see Steven waiting for me. He smiled and asked, "You wanna grab breakfast at the food court?" "Sure." I take his hand and we head to the food court. We sit down and eat breakfast with our pokemon, then head out of Mauville City. Past Mauville City, the path splits into two. Steven points straight ahead saying, "Going down this route, we could visit Mt. Pyre on our way to Lilycove City." "Sounds good to me." We continue walking and Steven tells me, "This route is a bit long, so it may take a bit to get there." "That's fine, I don't mind. Tell me more about Mt. Pyre." "Well, it's actually a pokemon graveyard, but at the very top, you can see the very source of power for Groudon and Kyogre, the Red Orb and the Blue Orb." "Wow! Really? I definitely want to see that." "I knew you would." "Hey, why don't we take our time and let our pokemon out for a bit?" "Alright." We released our pokemon and slowly made our way toward Mt. Pyre.

As we walked, our pokemon ran and played. Aggron and Tyranitar walked side by side, just as Steven and I did. I smiled as I watched all the pokemon getting along and having fun together. Steven had his arm around my waist as we walked, which he used to pull me closer to him. After walking awhile, a small rain shower passed over us. Rain fell on my face as I looked up at the dark clouds passing over us. Without warning, Steven pulled me close and kissed me. I smiled a bit, knowing Steven was trying to be romantic. I kissed him back until I could no longer feel raindrops falling. Something suddenly pushed it's way between us, causing us to pull apart. I looked down at Houndoom, who was responsible for breaking us apart. "Houndoom, be good." I scolded him as he whined at me. I noticed the rain shower had passed us and the sun was out once again. Steven chuckled and said, "We should keep going, I think that's what Houndoom was trying to say." I laughed and we all continued walking.

After awhile, we came to a large body of water with a mountain-like structure in the middle. Steven pointed to it and said, "That's Mt. Pyre." "We made it." Steven and I returned all our pokemon except for Latios. We climbed on his back and he quickly took us across. I then returned him and we went inside. "So this is Mt. Pyre." I looked around at all the rows of tombstones. Steven said, "The Orbs are at the very top. We'll have to make our way up." I sighed and followed Steven. There were few people here and with every tombstone I passed, I felt sadness for the pokemon who lost their lives. As we climbed the stairs to the next floor, I suddenly got the feeling of being watched. As we made our way to the next set of stairs, I stopped, hearing a strange noise behind me. I turned around to see that there was nothing there. I heard Steven ask, "Is something wrong, Alyssia?" I turned back around and replied, "No, I just thought I heard something. Probably just my imagination." "Well I have heard of ghost type pokemon living here, maybe it was one of them." I gulped, "Yeah, maybe." We continued up the stairs to the next floor. As we got farther, I heard the strange sounds more frequently. I clung to Steven's arm as we walked, hoping for them to go away. We finally made it to the top where we were outside. I sighed in relief and looked around. It was a bit foggy, but I could see several flights of stairs in front of us. We climbed up them all to a couple of stone pedestals with an Orb on each of them.

I looked at them both and said, "The Red Orb and the Blue Orb. The key to the ancient pokemon's power. This is how they take their primal forms." "Isn't it amazing to think how such small stones could contain so much power?" "Yeah, it is." After seeing the Orbs, I was ready to leave this creepy place. "Come on, Steven, let's go." He nodded as we started walking down the stairs. I then spotted something out of the corner of my eye. I stopped and looked toward a large rock where I saw something move. Steven stopped and looked at me in confusion, "What is it?" "Shh, I got it this time." I quietly went over to the rock and climbed on top of it. I peaked over it to see a face inches away from mine. "Ahhhh!" Startled, I jump back a bit, losing my footing. I feel my ankle twist and I slip off the rock and fall on my butt. "Alyssia!" Steven rushed over to me as I winced, "Ow, I think I twisted my ankle." Out from behind the rock floats a Shuppet. It comes closer to me with a worried expression. "Were you the one following me?" It nodded and Steven said, "I think it was just being curious, not really meaning to scare you." It nodded again and started bowing it's head as if to say sorry. I smiled, "It's alright, I forgive you." It cried happily and circled around me.

I tried to stand up, but every time I did, I would stumble because of my ankle. Steven finally said, "Here, let me carry you." "No, I'm fine, really." I winced as I tried to walk on my own, quickly falling into Steven, who kept me from falling. "I insist. Get on." He turned his back to me and I simply sighed and climbed on. He held my legs and I wrapped my arms around his neck. Shuppet followed as we made our way to the entrance. We said bye to Shuppet and went outside. I quickly kissed Steven's cheek and said, "Thanks for carrying me." "It was no problem." He put me down but still held onto me so I wouldn't fall. I called out Latios and had Steven help me onto his back as he got on after me. Latios took us to the other side of Mt. Pyre, where Steven got off but I stayed on since I couldn't walk. Latios doesn't mind carrying me anyway. I could see what looked like a city ahead. I smiled, knowing we would soon make it to Lilycove City.