A Mega Evolution Double Battle

Meeting with Wallace's recent challenger at the pokemon center, I now stood outside on the battlefield. Steven and Wallace watched from the sidelines. Wallace really wanted to see us battle, and once this guy found out who I was, he eagerly accepted. The man across from me threw a pokeball, releasing a Salamence. I called out Mawile and we both mega evolved our pokemon. Mega Salamence was now airborne, so I plan to fight more defensively. I place my hand on my hip and wait for my opponents move. The man suddenly calls out, "Dragon Breath!" "Dodge it!" Salamence shot it's attack down at Mawile, who gracefully dodged it. "Salamence, Flamethrower!" "Counter it with Shadow Ball!" Mawile shot a Shadow Ball into Salamence's Flamethrower, causing a small explosion. I smirked at the man who's now gritting his teeth in frustration. "You're going to have to do better than that if you want to beat me!" Hopefully my remark will cause him to change his tactics. "Salamence, get in closer and use Headbutt!" I grin, that's just what I was waiting to hear. "Mawile, get ready." She nodded at me and watched as Salamence circled in the air. After circling, Salamence shot down at Mawile. "Now, Vice Grip." When Salamence got close enough, Mawile's mouths caught Salamence by the wings, stopping it in it's tracks. Mawile bit down on Salamence's wings, causing it to cry out in pain. "Mawile, wrap this up with Play Rough!" Mawile slammed Salamence on the ground and attacked. Since Play Rough is a fairy type move, it should take out Salamence. I was right, when Mawile backed off, Salamence had fainted.

I returned Mawile as the other guy sighed and did the same. He waved and said, "Thanks for the battle, see ya." He quietly left as Steven and Wallace came over to me. Wallace said, "That was amazing! Mawile's movements were so elegant." Steven said, "You're battling style is so unique and unpredictable, you don't even attack until you have the perfect opportunity." I smiled, "Thanks guys. I enjoy battling tough opponents." Wallace then said, "Let's all go get some lunch, I'd like to see the rest of your pokemon." I nodded, "Sure, sounds good." We went over to the pokemon center where I released my pokemon. Wallace looked at each of them and their mega stones. Wallace released a Milotic while Steven let his pokemon out too. We started eating and Wallace said, "My other pokemon are back at the gym, Milotic is the only one with me right now." I swallowed my food and said, "So I'm guessing you specialize in water-types?" He nodded, "That's right. I've also battled Steven before, even coming close to beating him." "Wow, so that's why you know each other so well." I looked at Steven beside me to see him smile and say, "Yeah, Wallace is a pretty good trainer. He's someone I can always rely on." It grew quiet as we finished eating. Wallace finally asked, "So, where are you headed to next?" Steven and I looked at each other, then I said, "I'm not really sure." Steven said, "I suppose we could head back to Slateport from here." I nodded, "I guess that'll work."

That night, Steven and I shared a room. I curled up in his arms, unable to fall asleep with my mind wandering back to the same question. Will I have to say goodbye to Steven? Steven opened his eyes and whispered, "Alyssia?" I looked at him, "Hmm?" "Are you still worried about leaving Hoenn without me?" I slowly nodded. He quickly kissed my lips and said, "Don't worry, just get some sleep. I won't let you go alone, we'll figure something out." I smiled and closed my eyes, finally able to drift off to sleep. The next morning, we said bye to Wallace and flew on Latios across the ocean. We passed by a small town on the ocean and continued toward Slateport. Finally arriving, I told Steven, "I really don't think there's much more to see. I've been here before." He nodded, looking down with a sad expression, "I know, I guess I just want to prolong our time here in Hoenn." I grabbed his hand and looked into his eyes, "C'mon, why don't we head to Mauville City again? We can relax and have fun." He smiled and nodded, "Alright, let's go."

As we left Slateport and headed toward Mauville, we ran into a couple of young trainers, a girl and a boy that looked like twins. They stopped us and the boy said, "Hey, both of you have keystones." The girl asked, "Wanna have a double battle?" I looked at Steven, who smiled and nodded. I looked back at them and said, "Sure." Steven called out Aggron and I called out Tyranitar. The girl released an Ampharos while the boy released an Abomasnow. I told Steven, "It's time to try out that new mega evolution." Steven grinned, "And I know Aggron and Tyranitar will make a great team." I noticed Aggron and Tyranitar nod to each other as we mega evolved them. Our opponents did the same and we waited for them to attack. Aggron looked really impressive in his mega evolved form. After looking at Aggron, I kept most of my attention on Abomasnow, being an ice and grass type.

(I won't have the trainers commands in this battle cause it would be really confusing)

Ampharos shot a Signal Beam at Tyranitar, who countered with Dark Pulse. Abomasnow used Wood Hammer and clashed with Aggron, who countered with Dragon Claw. We had both our pokemon use Stone-Edge, hitting both opponents. After Ampharos started moving around more, Tyranitar managed to hit one of Ampharos' legs with an Ice Beam, freezing it in place. Ampharos struggled to get loose and that's when I saw my chance. Tyranitar charged a Hyper Beam and hit Ampharos, knocking it out. As Tyranitar stood in place, recovering from the Hyper Beam, I saw Abomasnow using Ice Shard, aiming at Tyranitar. As shards of ice flew toward Tyranitar, Aggron rushed in front of her, blocking the attack and shaking it off as if it were nothing. Aggron ran toward Abomasnow, using Iron Tail and finishing off Abomasnow. Standing side by side, our pokemon roared triumphantly as the twins came over to us, saying, "Great battle, we had fun, bye." And with that, they quickly left, leaving us alone again. We stood by our pokemon, petting them. I told Steven, "I like the way you had Aggron protect Tyranitar, it was really sweet." Tyranitar nodded in agreement and Steven said, "It was no problem, it feels good being able to protect the one you love." Steven came over and quickly kissed me as Aggron nuzzled Tyranitar. Steven smiled as we returned our pokemon, saying, "C'mon, let's continue on our way." He took my hand in his as I nodded, following him back to Mauville City.