The Mightyena in Wooloo's Clothing

"I was thinking that we could give her a reason to come to Alola, and..." Lillie's voice faded in and out as Morai got lost in thought.

I wonder what the team uniforms should look like...and what about a name? 

"That way, we can challenge her on our own turf in our own time. Then, once we..."

How many people can I actually get to join?

"She's a strong trainer, though, but I know you can..."

Oh, I know, I'll give them masks of their own. Even if they're just plain—

"Um...are you listening?" Lillie asked. 

"Hm? Of course I'm listening!" Morai insisted. "We lure The Mask Maker to Alola and fight her here on our own terms, giving us the advantage. How will we do that?"

Morai was sitting with Lillie as her usual unmasked self. They were sitting in the Ramen shop on Poni island, where she had fought Archer and had gotten herself arrested by Nanu and Hapu. The two trainers had planned to visit Hapu and ask if she wanted to join in on the hunt for The Mask Maker...which was herself. She knew that the more friends they rallied together for the task, the harder it was going to be for her to get out of it. But she had made a promise to Lillie. 

"Since Poni island isn't as populated as the other islands, I was thinking that it would be a good place to—oh my!" Lillie exclaimed, putting her hands over her mouth. 

Two figures appeared in the doorway. When they emerged into the room, Morai realized why Lillie had gasped. Proton's cruel yet laidback form was walking up to the counter while Archer, arms crossed, followed behind, eyeing the people in the room. The people dining in the shop started to whisper among themselves. Hushed fragments of "Isn't that Team Rocket?" were scattered throughout the handful of people in the shop. One young man looked to Morai. 

"Hey! You're the Champion, aren't you going to do something about it?" he angrily asked.

Proton put his hands up and smiled. 

"Hey now, we're just here for some—wait, what? Champion? Where?" 

The Executive looked curiously around the room, and his searching eyes locked with Morai's wide eyes. 

That face...that's her, he thought. 

Oh no...it's them. Why here, of all places?  She thought.

Morai the Champion stood up. 

"So, what business does Team Rocket have just walking right in here?" she asked.

"Well, Champion, this just happens to be our favorite noodle place in Alola. I don't think we've met before. Your name is...?" 

"That doesn't matter. You shouldn't be here, and I'm not going to sit around and let you stay," Morai answered, arms crossed.

"We just want some noodles, lady!" Proton said, throwing his hands up in feigned exasperation. "And we'll fight if we have to to get 'em!" 

He and Archer readied their Pokéballs while Morai and Lillie readied theirs. Proton and Morai kept eyeing each other, each knowing they had to play their part and act like they hated the other. Proton looked more surprised to find out that his opponent was the Champion. 

"Fine! Golbat, go!" he commanded.

"Houndoom!" Archer yelled. 

"Lucario, go!" Morai called.

"Clefairy, let's win this!" Lillie exclaimed. 

Lillie's Clefairy was knocked out after a couple of turns, and she sighed in frustration.