That Sinking Feeling

A/N: Around three more chapters (minus the extras) and this version will finally be caught up with my fanfic one! Editing is such a pain, especially re-reading, but it's almost there!

Enjoy the read,

D.L.D

OoOoO

After clearing up the mash incident, Veronica somehow managed to tuck each of the kids in to sleep. 

Due to the more filled atmosphere of the tavern, the children all slept downstairs, Merlin providing little sleeping bags for each child as well as two for the adults who would do the kid watch each night. 

Everyone else was left to try and decide who would take which room and how it would work between them all. As a result the adults who weren't on kid duty had long since retired upstairs, wishing the pair who were left good luck long before the sun had sunk below the horizon.

However it should have been the other way around.

"Ok, now go to sleep," Veronica huffed a little, watching from her spot as each of the kids settled in their own unique ways.

It had been a struggle to get most of them to calm down after the whole mash thing. Most of the children were still affected from it, occasionally saying how they felt queasy or blurting out things that the princess would let pass; but sometimes the kids would do things that couldn't be excused. An example of this was when a couple of the gremlins decided that they were caterpillars, squirming around in their sleeping bags and frightening poor Diane who was scared to death of insects and bugs.

But despite those small hiccups (both metaphorical and literal), Veronica and Guila had managed to get the kids to settle down. Well, all of the kids except Ban and Meliodas, one sat wide awake despite the dark circles that rested beneath his crimson eyes and the other simply tossing a ball he'd found somewhere against a wall. Neither seemed to be willing to let the land of dreams claim them.

"I can't go to sleep!" Diane cried out into the room, tears still nestling in her amethyst eyes. She sniffed slightly, a hand twisting in her chestnut locks. "What if those giant, icky bugs come back?"

A few of the kids were about to snicker at the outburst, but a firm look from both adults shut them up real quickly. In fact it was Guila's icy glare that froze them up faster than Veronica's fiery one, all of the children knowing that Guila was the true child master of the pair. That knight was a person none of them wanted to cross, especially since she seemed aware of all their little tricks. 

The troublemakers fell back into silence while Guila comforted Diane since King was still knocked out cold from the tainted mash.

"Those bugs weren't real, Diane," Guila spoke in a soft tone, a gentle hand resting on the brunette's shoulder as the woman crouched beside her. Guila looked at the giantess with a calm gaze, the small smile upon her features matching it. "And if there are I'll scare them away before they even come close."

"Really?" Diane sniffled once again, her voice coming out teeny as she looked into the knight's eyes.

"Really," Guila nodded firmly, grinning slightly.

The calm moment was interrupted by a cough, all attention drawn to Ban. He was still sat upon his sleeping bag, little arms folded across his chest as he gave a large grin to his awaiting audience. 

Of course Ban knew what he was doing was extremely rude, he knew that it was very impolite and wrong, but he had been raised on nothing but bullshit, so bullshit was all he knew. It was all he knew how to do and so he made it clear as he announced his idea.