Chapter 1: A Mandatory Preparation

Raspberry Cookie uses she/they pronouns.

____________________________________

Raspberry Cookie lay in her bed, asleep, yet almost awake. The blue sky embraces the ground of Earthbread. The cotton candy clouds float amongst the dazzling, gentle breezes. The Sour Lemon Sun brightly shines its rays in all the windows of Chateau Raspberry. 'Tis yet another beautiful and graceful morning for House Raspberry, and all its members. Raspberry Cookie yawns, but doesn't turn to get out of bed just yet. Then, alas, she gets up.

"Dawn shines on House Raspberry for another day." Raspberry Cookie says, smiling. Ah, yet another pleasant morning, caressed by the scarlet glory of House Raspberry.

It was 10:00 A.M. They knew the typical routine. They change in their typical fencing attire, and head down into the dining hall. She sits next to Raspberry Mousse Cookie, at where those who fought for House Raspberry had sat.

"Good morning, Raspberry Mousse Cookie." Raspberry Cookie greets.

"Good morning, Raspberry Cookie. How are you feeling?" Raspberry Mousse Cookie replies.

"Calm, yet invigorated."

"That's the spirit House Raspberry likes to see."

Raspberry Cookie picks up the menu, and makes her decision, along with everyone else. The waiter arrived. In House Raspberry, a typical breakfast, lunch or dinner was as if you were paying to sit at a restaurant. Except you weren't required to pay currency, if you were one who fought for House Raspberry.

"May I order Steak Aux Framboises, and some Honey Tea?" Raspberry Cookie asked to the Waiter Cookie, taking their order.

"Of course. And you?" The Waiter Cookie responds, quickly turning to Raspberry Mousse Cookie.

After taking everybody's orders, they waited. Poodleberry sat next to Raspberry Mousse Cookie's legs, awaiting for her meal. They were on a raw diet. Alas, the food had arrived, including Poodleberry's pork, beef stomach, chicken breast, goat heart and blueberries all in one bowl that said "Poodleberry", fancily written in a font similar to the Declaration of Independence.

"I've finished my meal, please excuse me. My sincerest thanks for the food provided." Raspberry Cookie says.

Raspberry Mousse Cookie nods in a docile manner, as Raspberry Cookie goes to the bathroom to brush their teeth, using a few layers of tissues to not stain their outfit. She goes to her room, and grabs her sword before heading back down into the Main Room. Then, suddenly, the alarmer cookies blow their trumpets in every room, before announcing the following:

"Attention, House Raspberry! To all those who fight for House Raspberry, please finish whatever you are doing, and head into the occasion room. Thank you."

"Oh? What could be up this time?" Raspberry Cookie questioned, hence their curiosity.

Everyone who fought for House Raspberry did what they were told, and hurried to the occasion room. They all took their seats, before Raspberry Cream Cookie, the founder of House Raspberry, steps up to the podium, and gives her speech:

"I'm aware that all of you have constantly been in search for ways to assist the legacy of House Raspberry last longer. Well, I have something to inform you all about regarding what I said, so listen closely and carefully. Two cookies that go by the names "Princess Cookie" and "Knight Cookie" are in the Hollyberry Kingdom, and are getting closer and closer to House Raspberry as I speak. This Princess Cookie has always somehow managed to get out of dangerous situations.. alive. Situations that could, and would, kill almost any other cookie. That includes you all, and me. And therefore we suspect that some powerful entity may have sided with her from birth, and granted her intense, life-saving luck. Since we have a very.. recent cookie to have been protecting, and fighting for House Raspberry for years on end, this could be their chance to prove that all their training, all their determination and persistence will pay off.. the cookie we are talking about, in question, is... Raspberry Cookie."

Everyone in the room gasped, except Raspberry Mousse cookie. They all looked at her.

*What..? Me..?* Raspberry Cookie thought to themselves. The news shocked them. *But this cannot be..!*

Raspberry Mousse Cookie then stood up, and elegantly kneeled before Raspberry Cookie.

"I believe in you, Raspberry Cookie. We all do." Raspberry Mousse Cookie said. "I never thought this moment would arrive, but it did before our very eyes. However, do not get too caught up in your dreams of victory. The duel itself matters, not the outcome. Even if you are a member of House Raspberry, it takes a lot of guts to even be willing to participate in a duel. The more you think about this, the more you will reach your "victory" without even knowing it. When Princess Cookie and Knight Cookie arrive, make haste. Whether you "win" or not, House Raspberry will always have a place in your heart, and ours."

Raspberry Cookie began to tear up out of joy. Her cousin, who has been serving House Raspberry for far more than a decade, KNEELING before her out of belief..? They couldn't believe this. It had to be a dream!

"I..I don't know what to say." Raspberry Cookie replied, out of pure happiness. "I will do my best to keep House Raspberry's head up, and carry its legacy on my back just like everyone else in this room had. Words are unable to express my gratitude for you all.."

Raspberry Cream Cookie smiled warmly, and raised her sword. Her hair was in a bun, being an inverted variant of Raspberry Mousse Cookie's hair color, and it had miniature rubyberries in it. She was wearing a very fancy red velvet dress, it having wavy tufts of fine whipped cream, from her neck to her inner dress layer by her waist. The gloves were especially made of the finest, silkiest icing. The edges of the lower portion of the dress was especially caressed with golden custard fabric.

"House Raspberry depends on YOU, Raspberry Cookie! To express our faith in you, let us all raise our swords. FOR HOUSE RASPBERRY!" Raspberry Cream Cookie shouted.

Everyone else raised their swords as well. "FOR HOUSE RASPBERRY!"

After that, one of the alarmer cookies came into the room.

"Raspberry Cream Cookie! Princess and Knight Cookie are almost here!"

"You are all dismissed. Raspberry Cookie, be prepared. This duel will mean a lifetime to House Raspberry."

Raspberry Cookie bows to Raspberry Cream Cookie, as they speak.

"Yes, Raspberry Cream Cookie. I will be of your service, and House Raspberry's."

Raspberry Cookie does exactly that. They take some deep breaths, imagine a quick little scenario in their head, to verify they have mastered the skills they needed one final time. Then, at last, she steps out the doors of Chateau Raspberry, Coming face to face with Princess Cookie...