Chapter 4: A New Purpose, A New Life

Raspberry Cookie awakens. They hear birds chirping, see the blue sky, a lot of trees, and hears.. some snickering? What was so funny about a (self-proclaimed) knight being treated poorly and thrown away?

"Mmh.. h.. uh?" Raspberry Cookie murmurs.

As Raspberry Cookie becomes more and more conscious, the snickering gets louder.

"Who's laughing like that..?" She asks herself.

Before they went to investigate the noise, their head felt.. somewhat wet. She touched the part that felt wet, only to see, of course, blood/strawberry jam. Then, she finally went to go and investigate the snickering. It was a cookie in dark, old robes, holding a scythe made of bones. Raspberry Cookie assumed it was this cookie who brought them here, not knowing what truly happened.

"You! Did you abduct me to this forest?!" Raspberry Cookie shouted angrily, holding her sword to the back of the cookie's neck. "Show yourself! And why did you take me here? I request that you-"

The cookie turned around, in an annoyed matter. "I have a name, you know! It's Licorice Cookie! How would YOU like it if I called you a no-name?!"

"Rather rude of you, Licorice Cookie. I didn't know your name."

"Speaking of which, what's YOUR name, and why do you talk like a fancy British cookie from the 1800's?"

"My name is Raspberry Cookie. And I talk like this, because I was raised and taught to. It's good manners, is it not? Speaking of good manners, I do apologize for the yelling. But did you take me here? I will take back my apology if you did."

"Alright, alright, I'll explain! Slow down, lady!" Licorice Cookie said, before he began to explain.

"While I was planning out some sinister plans and testing them in the Hollyberry Kingdom after the Princess Contest was over, I saw you-"

"Wait. What Princess Contest? What are you talking about?"

*I didn't even finish talking. Jeez..* Licorice Cookie thought to himself. He spoke again:

"In the Hollyberry Kingdom, Jungleberry Cookie needed a new Princess for the kingdom, and Hollyberry Cookie somehow wanted a competition.? No, wait, Jungleberry Cookie did. So, she set up a contest between female cookies. They were all doing certain things, certain competitions, blah, blah, blah. But what really caught my eye was a cookie.. hmm, what was her name again..? Oh, right! Princess Cookie! She had a shy man beside her, and his name was Knight Cookie. I caught a glimpse of you during the duel, but I didn't bother to watch the rest. It was too boring! But apparently, I still managed to hear you shout, "House Raspberry assigned me to fight and defeat you", because you wanted to become the princess of the Hollyberry Kingdom; this was your way of competing. You also said they suspected there was an entity blessing her or something. One last thing! While I was dressing up Schwarzwälder, or Choco Werehound Brute for the contest, I heard a lot of cookies arguing in some raspberry place, saying that the duel meant a lot to House Raspberry, and then there was physical fighting. I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty funny to listen to! And when the cookies (people) carried your unconscious body out of the kingdom, it looked hilarious! But, then again, I was also pretty intrigued about the whole thing, so.. yeah! I followed you all the way here. Boy, was it tiring!"

"So that's why the duel actually mattered so much.. now I get it! And, it seems I've been misinformed about the whole Hollyberry Cookie thing.." Raspberry Cookie replied, out of realization.

"And I'm assuming you look beat up because of the duel and whatever happened in the other place.. what's the name of it? I'm so focused on work, I keep forgetting things!" Licorice Cookie replied back.