Chapter 2: The Duel That Meant Everything

"Whoa! This place looks amazing, Knight Cookie! Especially the way the people who live there dress!" Princess Cookie squeals, out of enthusiasm.

"Yes, but.. be cautious, your highness. That lady is coming towards us for some reason. Keep your guard up!" Knight Cookie responds, concerned, as he stood beside her, as per usual.

Raspberry Cookie proceeds to approach the two. She then makes a gesture of courtesy first, and greets them.

"Greetings, Princess Cookie and Knight Cookie. My name is Raspberry Cookie." She greets.

"Greetings, Raspberry Cookie." Princess Cookie & Knight Cookie say, at the same time.

Then, they hold out their hand to Princess Cookie.

"Come with me. I've been assigned to take you here." Raspberry Cookie casually says, quickly turning away to guide Princess Cookie and Knight Cookie to the Raspberry Arena.

"I wonder where she's taking us. Maybe to a ball?" Princess Cookie asks, out of pure curiosity.

"Maybe, but I still don't trust them.. I have a bad gut feeling about this. I'll stay by your side!" Knight Cookie warns, this being a crystal-clear indication of his devotion.

After some pleasant chatting and walking, the three of them finally arrived to the Raspberry Arena, where a lot of duels House Raspberry's members, in the past or present, participated in. A lot of cookies watch as they stepped foot in the huge arena, including Raspberry Mousse Cookie, Blueberry Cookie, Jungleberry Cookie, Royal Berry Cookie, and more.

"An ARENA?! I knew we couldn't trust this cookie!" Knight Cookie yelps.

"That's our daughter, right there, in the arena facing a skilled fighter.. I do hope she'll be alright." Jungleberry Cookie utters, concerned about her daughter. There's a hint of heartbreak and regret in her voice.

"Have you forgotten about how many times she merely avoided death? I'm sure she and her bodyguard will make it through, rest assured." Royal Berry Cookie reassures, to his wife.

"Raspberry Cookie has a lot of combat experience. I'm sure they'll win this fight!" Blueberry Cookie squeals, with enthusiasm and energy.

"Remember what I said to you, Raspberry Cookie. I'm sure you'll make it, hence what I said when I kneeled before you. And even if you don't, rest assured, I'm pretty sure you'll still be able to bounce back in there. Good luck." Raspberry Mousse Cookie whispers to himself, as if it were a sort of prayer for his dear cousin.

Raspberry Cookie then gets in her battle position. Princess Cookie is thrilled to experience something new, but Knight Cookie, on the other hand, is anxious about Princess Cookie's well-being. He knew you shouldn't trust cookies you don't know/just met.

"Princess Cookie, I challenge you to a duel! House Raspberry has noticed your several close calls to death, and assigned me to finish it off. Let's see if you can draw a near miss this time. En Garde!" Raspberry Cookie declared.

"Not so fast! Be warned, Miss Raspberry Cookie. If you even go as far as to ruin her majesty's dress, I'll have to-" Knight Cookie gets cut off.

"Step aside, Knight Cookie. This is MY battle, MY duel, MY orders. Who knows, maybe Raspberry Cookie isn't a woman of her word." Princess Cookie declared.

"I beg your pardon?!" Raspberry Cookie counters. Need an individual have such disrespect?

"You heard nothing. It's time to see what dough you're made of!" Princess Cookie counters in return.

Knight Cookie is in shock, and can't move. And so, the two begin to fight viciously. Raspberry Cookie "strikes" Princess Cookie from the side, deceiving her into letting her guard down, and therefore also fooling her into putting her scepter there, in a manner of a counter-block. Raspberry Cookie then actually strikes her face with their sword, splattering some blood/strawberry jam on the arena grounds.