Chapter 9: The Blueprint For Impression

After the two broke away from the hug, they realized that Pomegranate Cookie was most likely looking for them. That was their wake up call, and they decided to get back to the Base of Darkness on their own. While walking, they talked to each other for a bit.

"Raspberry Cookie?"

"Yes, Licorice Cookie?"

"I need to tell you something.."

"Go ahead."

"Look, don't get me wrong, I completely understand where you're coming from in this situation with the whole darkness drama, but.. look. The reason you joined us in the first place was most likely because the Vanilla Kingdom was too far.. and Pomegranate Cookie won't let you escape. She never will. So, I don't mean any offense, but you just need to get used to it, you know? This is what it's really like to be one of us. Sure, you get cool powers and all, but everything has its price."

"I already knew about the Vanilla Kingdom situation. It's just that 'twas a very long journey, and I was a bit exhausted from the incident. I didn't really think of the Vanilla Kingdom.. but, like I said, I really regret it now. GingerBrave and his bastard-like "friends" were able to travel from the Land of Little Big Dreams to the Hollyberry Kingdom."

Frustration and regret began to build up inside Raspberry Cookie's mind. It hurts when you have nobody but yourself to blame for your decisions.

Before they knew it, they were already back at the Base of Darkness.

"Oh.. we're already back. Time sure flies.." Raspberry Cookie said. "Do you have anything else on your mind?"

"Hmm.. gimme a sec.." Licorice Cookie replied.

As the two reentered the Base of Darkness, the hall of chaotic candles welcomed them back inside. However, whatever Raspberry Cookie saw next sent a chill down her spine.

As soon as she saw Pomegranate Cookie sitting at the Dark Round Table, Raspberry Cookie realized that the consequences of what she did was about to bite back. And the bite was indeed going to be painful. Raspberry Cookie took a bit of time to take a deep breath, and prepare to face the consequences of their actions.

"Raspberry Cookie.." Pomegranate Cookie muttered, surprisingly a bit calmly. Her face had a large bruise on it, and the bruise even bled a bit.

"... Yes, Pomegranate Cookie?" Raspberry Cookie answered.

"Dark Enchantress Cookie.. wishes to have a word with you."

"Hm? I thought she was defeated for good.."

"No.. she's not. Dark Enchantress Cookie simply cannot die, she can only be temporarily defeated.. anyway, just listen to what she has to say."

Pomegranate Cookie handed them the mirror with Dark Enchantress Cookie's reflection in it, instead of Raspberry Cookie's.

"Hello, Raspberry Cookie." Dark Enchantress Cookie said. Her voice had an echo that only Raspberry Cookie could hear, let alone her entire voice being limited to only Raspberry Cookie's hearing.

"Hello there, Dark Enchantress Cookie. What do you wish to talk to me about..?"

"Pomegranate Cookie had told me about what you had done to her."

Oh, boy. Licorice Cookie jinxed it. Or did he?

"Yes.. what about it?"

"I have been planning a very, very large punishment for you. Such actions towards my dearest follower are punishable by death, for it will dramatically decrease the spread of my word! The darkness was not created to be silenced! However, Pomegranate Cookie has already given you a punishment.. although you're probably loathing her for the fact that she did that, you should consider yourself lucky. Since she has already punished you, I'll let you off the hook just. this. once. However, it will come at a cost.."