Chapter 15: We Lack True Freedom

(⚠️DISCLAIMER⚠️)

(This chapter is short. I'm sorry for all the delay, I keep getting caught up in so many things. Also, here's the warnings of sensitive topics that this chapter contains:

Excessive(?) gore, and possible mentioning of unsettling topics.

Viewer discretion is advised. As always, I will make a harmless summary of any chapters that contain especially triggering content. Thank you for taking the time to read this.)

_________________________________

Raspberry Mousse Cookie began to carry some of the roll cake hog's organs, with Raspberry Cookie carrying the rest, as the two began their walk back to the Base of Darkness.

"Hm.. these organs smell quite foul and unpleasant.." Raspberry Mousse Cookie says, revealing how disgusted he was by the organs.

"They're organs, Cousin Mousse. What do you expect them to smell like, flowers? Fragrant perfume?" Raspberry Cookie answers smugly to the obvious remark.

*That's the second time she's verbally defeated me.* Raspberry Mousse Cookie thought to himself. *It makes me wonder.. is she hiding something?*

Raspberry Cookie's stomach suddenly began to grumble intensely. Then, it hit them. They realized that they haven't eaten in several days. However, she hasn't even wanted food, up until now.

*Seriously?* She thought. *Out of all the moments, it had to be now? Now Cousin Mousse will notice. Fuck.*

Exactly as Raspberry Cookie had predicted, Raspberry Mousse Cookie commented on Raspberry Cookie's hunger, which was no longer hidden, aside from them being a bit skinnier.

"Have you eaten ever since.. that day?" Raspberry Mousse Cookie asks.

Raspberry Cookie decides to be honest, knowing that lying will get her nowhere. "No.. I haven't. But, since we've got some animal organs, there should be a furnace or anything for cooking in the Base of Darkness.."

*I don't even know how to cook..* They think. *Such a shame.*

Raspberry Cookie loathes the fact that they weren't taught how to cook. A skill so necessary for (independent) survival, and yet she has yet to know the basics.

*It would be wrong to hide things from family. After all, who says they won't eventually find out anyway?* Raspberry Cookie thinks to themselves, as they gain the urge to just spill the secret. She couldn't think of any possibility of hiding the crown where Raspberry Mousse Cookie wouldn't eventually find out about the truth. It was all futile.

"Hey, Cousin Mousse?"

"Hm?"

"I.. have something to tell you."

Coincidentally, the two arrived to the Base of Darkness before Raspberry Cookie dared to spill the beans. Raspberry Cookie couldn't think of a "nice way" to say it. Sometimes, the horrendous beast of truth must prevail amidst the deceiving butterf(lies).

".. I'll tell you later, after we put down the organs in my ro-" They were interrupted by a cookie none other than Pomegranate Cookie, appalled and furious at what she saw. Her speechlessness darkened the atmosphere, giving Raspberry Cookie the creeps, and yet another reminder of why they're "not trustworthy".

"You..!" Raspberry Mousse Cookie snarls, drawing his sword in an effort to defend himself and his cousin.

"Put your toothpick-like blade down, mister. It won't do you any good." Pomegranate Cookie commanded harshly. Her face said it all. Those eyes of hers craved so much bloodlust from the two cookies standing before her.

However, Raspberry Mousse Cookie refused. He was going to make things right, and that's final.

"What kind of coward do you take me for? A true and honorary knight never lays their sword do-" he was interrupted.

Both he and Raspberry Cookie are suddenly paralyzed from the bone, hearing a huge CRRK!, and fall to the ground, unable to even scream out of agony. Bruises and all other kinds of discoloration were scattered around their bodies, as they lay unconsciously with their bloodshot eyes, as if they were.. dead. But they weren't.

That's the worst part about it.

"Disobedience at its finest." mutters Pomegranate Cookie. "Why do I even bother anymore? Actually.. not letting Raspberry Cookie go would seem like a better punishment. That way, they're stuck in the monstrous abyss of consequences.. for all eternity, for as long as the eternal night will stand, inside or outside of existence..

"Hm.. it seems Raspberry Cookie will need to pass a trial. She would be a huge helping hand to us, we cannot just kick her out. That's losing a jeopardy."

Pomegranate Cookie drags the two disfigured bodies to the deepest, darkest part of the Base of Darkness known to cookiekind, their blood/strawberry jam leaving behind a trail of crimson fluids that seeped from their eyes.

She steps down, and down, and down.. until she has finally reached her destination. The place hasn't been cleaned since who knows when. It's a mix of one of those dark rooms you'd see from a horror game, except it was all dark-gray with ooze and dust, and it's also an abyss. An actual abyss. It's both at the same time.

Pomegranate Cookie ties both of the cousins' arms together with chains, and pulls out a special clock from her pocket..

"Raspberry Cookie.." Pomegranate Cookie chuckled. "I should've plucked your eye out long ago, from when I was "lightly" punishing you. But who says even the most awakened cookies of this Earthbread don't make mistakes? But.. enough rambling for me.

"This is a clock that will force you to conquer your deepest fears, your worst experiences.. and new unfathomable horrors that bring you perpetual agony. I present to you.. the death clock. Now, amid its name, it cannot actually kill you..

But you'll wish it could."

She then forced the clock inside Raspberry Cookie's eye socket, replacing their old, useless blind eye with this clock, that is now stained with their blood/strawberry jam..

                                      The end.