Chapter 11: The Return Of Raspberry Cookie

*That sounded pretty well. Maybe this practicing I've been doing went a little too smoothly..* she thought, as she drifted off to sleep, muttering the following once:

"Raspberry Mousse Cookie.. hang in there, your cousin's coming to rescue you."

Raspberry Cookie had slept through the entire first night in the Base of Darkness, without any interruptions. Hence what they said, why were things going so well?..

*The next morning..*

Normally, Raspberry Cookie would wake up to the Sour Lemon Sun shining its bright rays through the windows, the lovely melody of birds, and a bit of chattering from beneath.

However, the Base of Darkness was nothing like that. With the especially sinister windows that filtered sunlight into some sorts of dark beams, no beautiful sun rays were in sight. There was no pleasant chirping from birds, either. Instead, there was the deep-sounding croak melodies from ravens nearby, and the sounds of their large wings flapping to somewhere else. Pomegranate Cookie's commands had replaced the calm and polite chatter Raspberry Cookie heard in Chateau Raspberry's mornings.

"Chop-chop, Licorice Cookie! You need to get ready, and you and Raspberry Cookie must recite the plan once more to have it fresh in your minds! Speaking of Raspberry Cookie, I must wake her up.."

*Oh, dear. Here it comes..* Raspberry Cookie thought to themselves.

Raspberry Cookie heard footsteps coming towards their door, and the next thing they knew, is that it was bolted open.

"Rise and "shine", Raspberry Cookie!" Pomegranate Cookie shouted, as she began to clap & snap with her hands in an effort to wake up Raspberry Cookie. "Today's the day the plan becomes a reality! Get up and prepare for the morning as soon as possible! You and Licorice Cookie must recite the plan once more!"

Annoyed, Raspberry Cookie got up from their bed, yawning. It definitely wasn't as comfortable as the one in Chateau Raspberry, but she would just have to get used to it. "Alright, alright, Pomegranate Cookie.. be patient for just a few seconds!.." Raspberry Cookie groaned.

She then rushed to the bathroom, brushed her teeth, took a quick body shower, dried themselves off, and whatnot to get ready for the day. T'was 9:45 in the morning. As they went to their room to change into their normal but torn-up attire, grabbed their sword from a metal holder they put it on whenever they didn't need it, and rushed out of their room.

"Hey, hey, Raspberry Cookie? I have a quick question." Licorice Cookie said.

"Hm?"

"I heard you laughing like crazy last night. Everyone else heard it too, but probably assumed it was just their imagination from being used to such noises.. why were you laughing like that? It's kinda weird to be laughing like that when you're alone, you know."

"Ah, about that.. I was practicing for one final thing before the plan. After all, an evil laugh just adds to the demonic atmosphere in the plan. It would be a bit plain without it. So, I decided to do a bit of a test to see if my laugh needed some fixing."

"Okay, but you could've practiced in the morning! Oh, well.."

"Anyway.. I'm all prepared for the recital, Pomegranate Cookie and Licorice Cookie!"

"Very well, then. Licorice Cookie, show us what you drew for your plans, and what you did during your practice session with Raspberry Cookie."

That made Licorice Cookie realize he needed to fix some mistakes in the drawings for the plan. Trying to recollect his memory, the clearest thing he remembered was the luring letter, and so he erased the Bat-Cat luring drawing, and replaced it with the fake letter being delivered to a cookie of high class in the Hollyberry Kingdom. He then went to Raspberry Cookie to help him refresh his memory from yesterday.