Chapter 5: The First Dark Duty

Raspberry Cookie stood amidst the dark atmosphere in the Base of Darkness, as Pomegranate Cookie, Dark Choco Cookie, Licorice Cookie, Poison Mushroom Cookie, Red Velvet Cookie and Strawberry Crepe Cookie all set their eyes on her from the Dark Round Table. She felt delighted inside, having found a new place to house their skills.

"Greetings, everyone. My name is Raspberry Cookie." Raspberry Cookie calmly, and politely said. "'Tis rather pleasant to finally have a new reason to fight, and, house my skills overall."

"Raspberry Cookie, you say?" Pomegranate Cookie replied.

"Yes, yes! That's her! Our new savior, basically! She's been holding back this evil for so long.. and they're ready to unleash it on the Hollyberry Kingdom!" Licorice Cookie excitedly yapped.

"Oh, quit the stupidity, Licorice Cookie. Now's not the time for you to talk. Let Raspberry Cookie speak for herself." Pomegranate Cookie replied, with a disappointed tone.

She stood up, walked away from her seat, and greeted Raspberry Cookie. "My name is Pomegranate Cookie. Licorice Cookie probably told you about me and how "annoying" I am.. before we get started, let's have you get to know every other cookie here."

Dark Choco Cookie, Poison Mushroom Cookie, Red Velvet Cookie, and Strawberry Crepe Cookie also stood up to greet them.

"Hello. I'm.. Dark Choco Cookie, son of Dark Cacao Cookie, and former warrior of the Dark Cacao Kingdom.." Dark Choco Cookie said, in a tragic yet calm tone.

"I have a feeling we could be close friends. I won't say the reason yet, though." Raspberry Cookie replied formally, as they shook hands.

"Ooh... a new cookie friend..! I'm.. Poison.. Mushroom.. Cookie..!" Poison Mushroom Cookie said, running over to hug Raspberry Cookie. "Your colors.. look like Pomegranate Cookie! You seem like a.. nice cookie! The spores have.. happy reactions to you!"

*Aww, this child is adorable.. I haven't been hugged by a child in so long..* Raspberry Cookie thought to themselves, as she hugged Poison Mushroom Cookie back.

"Okay, no more hugging, Poison Mushroom Cookie. Don't forget, we have a lot to take care of today." Pomegranate said, in a slightly strict tone. "Aww.. but.." Poison Mushroom Cookie replied, before being cut off.

"I get it you're happy, but that's for later."

"Nooo.."

"Hello, there. My name is Red Velvet Cookie. I'm the crimson commander of the darkness, unleashing the beasts against the light." Red Velvet Cookie said confidently.

"Intriguing. It's a pleasure to meet you." Raspberry Cookie answered. They then shook hands.

"Hey, I guess. I'm Strawberry Crepe Cookie, a mechanical expert. Don't underestimate me for my age. I'm still mad about those stupid cookies.." Strawberry Crepe Cookie uttered. "I'm also the leader of the Wafflebots." They said, in an annoyed tone.

"Nice to meet you, Strawberry Crepe Cookie. And, you need not worry. Soon, I'll help you and everyone else here destroy the cookies you keep mentioning.." Raspberry Cookie replied, as she shook their mechanical Wafflebot hand.

Then, Pomegranate Cookie cut in again. "Please, have a seat, Raspberry Cookie. Tell us why you're here; what's your motive for joining us?"

A new seat spawned from darkness. Raspberry Cookie then sat down on it. They were silent for a brief moment, then spoke.

".. I formerly fought for House Raspberry. One day, I was assigned to fight in a duel with these cookies, named Princess Cookie and Knight Cookie. House Raspberry didn't tell me that I couldn't have a rematch, or the fact that the duel was tied to some absurd "Princess Contest". If it weren't for Licorice Cookie, I probably wouldn't have known about it. So, I participated in the duel in an attempt to restore & purify House Raspberry's legacy, but lost.. Knight Cookie gave me the scar on my right eye, and my clothes are torn from being dragged on the arena grounds. I failed the legacy of House Raspberry. When we got back to Chateau Raspberry, House Raspberry treated me like filth, my cousin, Raspberry Mousse Cookie, being my only defender in this bullshit. We were then separated, and then a couple of citizens from Chateau Raspberry hit me in the head really hard, knocking me out. When I came to, I woke up in the forest to hear Licorice Cookie snickering beside me. As you know, he guided me here, but that's besides the point. I joined you guys, because I needed something to fight for. To have a purpose for me and my sword.."