Chapter 8: No Turning Back

"Raspberry Cookie." Pomegranate Cookie said, in a very strict tone.

"Just get the punishments over with. It's now or never!" Raspberry Cookie replied.

*After all, I can take on these punishments. I'm not afraid, or weak! In fact, I am far from weak! I may no longer be a member of the royalty of House Raspberry, but I am a cookie who is anything but weak!* Raspberry Cookie thought to herself.

Pomegranate Cookie waved in Raspberry Cookie's face.

"Did you even listen to what I was saying, Raspberry Cookie?"

"Well.. no.." at least she was honest.

Pomegranate Cookie sighed very heavily, out of overwhelming anger. A sly fox Raspberry Cookie is, in terms of getting away with trouble..

"This is the last, and ONLY time I will repeat myself to you, so listen. carefully." Pomegranate Cookie said, before continuing:

"Do you reminisce the time we discussed your first task?"

"Of course, Pomegranate Cookie. After all, 'twas yesterday!"

"Good. So, what I've been meaning to tell you is.. I have looked in my mirror, using my dark magic to see what had truly happened with you and Licorice Cookie.. and, it turns out, you had lied to me. The unnamed Huntress Cookie didn't stop you two; you began to cry out of NOWHERE, and let your emotions prevent you from completing your task, like you were supposed to be doing! Licorice Cookie had the AUDACITY to "comfort" you as well, so he will not get out of this situation unscathed. I cannot believe you would fail ever so MISERABLY on your first day of work! And now, we suffer a delay in the killing of the citizens of House Raspberry, preventing our plans from going smoothly for the time being. So, as yet another form of punishment.. hand me your blade."

"What?.. No, NEVER! I shall never give up my sword to you! It's the only form of family I have.. and I won't give up on being the cookie I am!" Raspberry Cookie shouted, prior to attacking Pomegranate Cookie with their blade.. at least attempting to. Pomegranate Cookie used a special force of dark magic with her mirror, to prevent herself from taking the blow.

"Silence. I will not even be taking it away from you, you immature cookie. I'll just show you what it felt like for us to find out what you had done.."

Raspberry Cookie refused to let go of the blade, but Pomegranate Cookie threatened to show them unpleasant memories, if they continued to hold onto the blade. They then let go.

"Do not move, Raspberry Cookie. You will only make it worse for yourself if you do." Pomegranate Cookie said, as she placed their blade lit with the scarlet flames on the tip of her scar. She began to draw the blade downward.

*You've got this, Raspberry Cookie. Prove it to Pomegranate Cookie that you aren't weak! Don't let all those years of training in House Raspberry go to waste!* Raspberry Cookie thought to themselves.

However, not reacting in pain was very difficult; the blade reopened the deep wound, which was a reminder of that day.. the scarlet flames only worsened the pain, setting the bleeding wound aflame, but being put out by Pomegranate Cookie before the flames could scorch her dough (flesh) any further, from that point on..

Raspberry Cookie gritted, and clenched her teeth together, all while their lips remained shut. The pain became more and more unbearable with each searing, flaming incision. Pain also began to burn deep inside the depths of Raspberry Cookie's dough, touching every nerve it could. Even after the flames were put out, the stinging, vicious pain remained. The scarlet flames even burned part of their blind eye, which added yet another wave of burning pain. At that point, Raspberry Cookie had to bite the inside of her mouth so hard, she began to bleed, only worsening the pain, but still determined to not show any signs of pain, or, as she refers to it, "weakness".