Chapter 14: Another Shattered Jewel

(WARNING: The content you are about to view contains the following topics listed below:

Excessive gore, animal death, and organ removal.

If you are one of the individuals who are sensitive to the following topics that have been/are mentioned, please do not read this chapter. As always, a summary censoring any sensitive topics will be created, right after this chapter is released. Thank you for taking the time to read this.)

Raspberry Cookie had hugged the cake hound, as it constantly licked her face out of joy. She eventually got up again, and let the cake hound follow her this time.

"Arf, arf!" The cake hound barked, happily. It loved Raspberry Cookie so much.. but why?

Raspberry Cookie continued to look for a large animal, this time with a small, fluffy companion. However, it had gotten really dark at this point, and it was getting harder and harder to see, but that didn't stop Raspberry Cookie and the cake hound. She was determined to finally be able to do something for her cousin, and her dog again.

      *Meanwhile, at the Base of Darkness..*

Raspberry Mousse Cookie remained just as relieved as he was when Poodleberry had finally woken up. The two were happily spending time with each other just like the olden times, up until this point. Raspberry Mousse Cookie was still awaiting Raspberry Cookie's return, but Poodleberry didn't feel as down, since Poodleberry was already used to Raspberry Cookie being away for so long.

"She's been gone for about an hour now.." Raspberry Mousse Cookie says. "I hope they're okay.. surely they aren't hurt, right?" He asked himself. "I need to let them fend for themselves, but I just need to verify they are alright.. just this once."

"Come on, Poodleberry! Let's go!" He whispered. "We'll escape through that window, and look for Raspberry Cookie."

Poodleberry followed him, as he climbed on top of one of the desks, and attempted to open the window. However, it wouldn't budge. It was bolted shut.

"Hm? That's quite peculiar.." he muttered. He struggled harder to open the window, but to no avail.

"Damn it.." he banged his fist against the window, out of frustration. "I guess we'll have to wait longer. I'm not risking my life by going out there, since I do not really belong here, and Raspberry Cookie wouldn't like that, anyway.."

Raspberry Mousse Cookie got down from the desk, and Poodleberry got back to standing on all fours. However, as he was getting down from the desk, he heard something get knocked over. It made a loud CLANK! noise as it hit the ground.

Poodleberry made a startled gesture as it hit the ground. Raspberry Mousse Cookie, on the other hand, patiently waited for himself to get down first, and decided to pick it up afterwards.

"I hope that didn't draw any attention..!" he said to himself, concerned. A drop of sweat ran down his face, as he hoped whatever he said to himself was true.

To his surprise, he was lucky that nobody bothered to make their way towards Raspberry Cookie's room. Or so he thought..

He heard footsteps rushing towards him after 5 seconds. Alarmed, he instantly put the object back on the desk, used his hand to hold Poodleberry's mouth shut, and quickly went under her bed.

Pomegranate Cookie had slowly opened the door, stepped inside, and then shut it. She then began to look around Raspberry Cookie's room to look for the source of the sound. Raspberry Mousse Cookie was getting especially anxious that Pomegranate Cookie would find him, his heartbeat getting faster and faster. He hoped it wouldn't get so loud, to the point where Pomegranate Cookie would check under the bed out of suspicion. Poodleberry didn't know what was going on, until they sniffed the air.