Chapter 10: A Work In Progress

As Pomegranate Cookie had ordered him to, Dark Choco Cookie had followed Raspberry Cookie and Licorice Cookie to monitor their practicing progress.

"So, what shall we work on first?" Raspberry Cookie asked.

"Hmm.. maybe the announcement part. Cookies (people) could get suspicious of it.." Licorice Cookie answered.

"Ah, good point. I was about to ask you that, but I thought it would hurt your feelings."

"Well, actually, I was waiting for a correction, especially from you. I mean, in order to get the cookies into the Chateau in the first place, they'll supposedly have to get lured in by Bat-Cat.. but why would someone hold a meeting by luring people in? Cookies (people) will get suspicious of that as well!"

"I'm aware. So, what do you wish to fix first?"

An idea popped up in Licorice Cookie's head.

"Hmm.. oh! I know! Instead of making Bat-Cat lure the cookies into the Chateau, we can make a fake letter to someone of high class, and then they can tell the cookies to get inside the Chateau!"

"That seems like a good idea. To make it more convincing, I can mimic Raspberry Cream Cookie's handwriting."

"Hey! I was about to say that!" Licorice Cookie said, in an annoyed tone. "Oh, well. I mean, you are supposed to be part of this plan after all.." Licorice Cookie said, as he handed them the letter, envelope, and rose stamp.

*Now THAT'S how Licorice Cookie should've acted when I cried during our first task together! I'll disregard that now, though. It's too much of a distraction to be thinking about something in the past.* Raspberry Cookie thought to themselves.

"Where did you get the stamp from, Licorice Cookie? It looks rather nice, and perfect for making the fake letter look like it was actually from Raspberry Cream Cookie."

"I got it from long ago, when we had our very first break! I went to this edgy shop called "Silk Night" near Mont Blanc Cookie's costume shop, in disguise to look like a normal cookie, of course."

"I see, I may take a look at it someday. Well, then. I'll get the letter ready, and, after this practice session, you could ask Pomegranate Cookie to manipulate Raspberry Cream Cookie into believing she actually wants to address the controversy. In the Hollyberry Kingdom, or any kingdom that doesn't thrive on violence for that matter, there would obviously be controversy for a big, well known noble house to disrespect and eliminate one of their members." Raspberry Cookie said.

"True, that! I'll get Schwarzwälder to start practicing for tomorrow as well, be right back!" Licorice Cookie answered back. "Schwarzwälder! Where are you?" He called out.

"Alright." Raspberry Cookie said quietly. She went to a table nearby, and wrote the following on the paper:

"Dear my fellow Hollyberrians,

I, along with other cookies, especially those of high class in House Raspberry, let alone the Hollyberry Kingdom as a whole, have acknowledged the controversy House Raspberry has had, over the banishment of Raspberry Cookie. I would discuss the issues in this letter and clear up the misinformation, but it would fail miserably in reaching out to the protesters. So, to have the correct information the protesters need to know prevail, I will invite a majority of Hollyberrians to attend a meeting with me, in the grand dining room inside Chateau Raspberry. I will see you all soon.

With the utmost sincerity,

Raspberry Cream Cookie"

Raspberry Cookie then folded the letter up in half, and gently sealed it away inside the envelope. Before they knew it, Licorice Cookie had already returned with Schwarzwälder.