14

I walked down the stairs in a thick light blue sweater and a wide brown jean. Amelia helped me curl my hair and did my make up. Just a little bit, nothing over the top.

"Maura just texted me! He'll be here in ten minutes. Hurry up!" My mum shouted from the living room.

"I'm here, I'm here." I said once I reached her.

"Oh, honey, I can't believe you're going on a date again!" She excitedly said to me.

"I know, I can't believe it either." I smiled.

"Okay, Harper, those are the shoes we're dealing with." Amelia said while waving black and white sneakers over her head. I bought them when I was shopping with Amelia last summer. It was one of the first times I actually did something fun after the accident. I can't believe in twelve days it'll be a year ago.

"I can work with that." I shrugged.

"Did he tell you where you're going?" My mum asked.

"No, he just told me to dress warm." I said even though I might have an idea of where he'll take me.

The lake.

The minutes after that went by in a rush and before I knew it the bell rang. Amelia and my mum gave me a thumbs up with their hands and both had big grins on their faces. I couldn't help but shake my head and chuckle.

"Idiots." I murmured.

I walked towards the door and opened it with shaking hands. I can't help but feel a bit nervous for tonight. It's my first date after Ashton. I shook him out of my thoughts and focused on Niall.

Tonight, is about you and Niall.

Speaking of Niall, he was standing in the doorway with a big smile on his face. He was wearing a jean jacket over the yellow sweater from the Eagles I wore two weeks ago and a simple pair of jeans.

"Hi." I smiled shyly.

"Hi, ready"' He asked

"As ready as I'll ever be." I said and stepped out of the doorway on the driveway.

"Perfect. Follow me." He said and nodded to his car.

"Bring her home by eleven!" My mum, who took my place in the doorway, said.

"I will." Niall nodded and opened the car door for me.

"Sit down and don't look behind you, okay?" He said.

"Alright." I said even though I really wanted to look behind me and see what he was hiding.

"It's either that or be blindfolded." He grinned.

"Hold on, aren't we going on our date first?" I joked. He chuckled and shut the door. A few seconds later he opened his door and also got into the car.

"Where are we going?" I asked knowing he won't be answering me.

"You know that won't work." He smirked.

"C'mon, just a little hint." I pushed him further.

"Nope." He said and started driving.

"Are you nervous?" I asked him. He was constantly ticking his fingers on the steering wheel.

"Is it that obvious?" He smiled.

"You don't have to be. I'm sure I'll love everything you've planned." I assured him

"I hope so. And this kind of is my first date ever so I don't want to do anything wrong." He said.

"First date ever? You're amazing, how is that even possible." I said dumbfounded.

"Thanks, but as you know, I wasn't exactly popular back in Ireland." He said with a small smile.