19

This is a double update! Make sure to read chapter 18 first!

When we got to the car I wasn't prepared for what I saw. Walking past us with her hood up and air pods in her ears, was Olivia. I glanced at Amelia and she motioned with her head towards her.

"Talk to her." She mouthed. I had told her what happened with Oliva last Friday, and she advised me to just talk to her. A real conversation, without fighting.

Without giving it a second thought, I went up to her.

"Hey, Olivia, can we talk for a minute?" I asked her and she looked up to me. I was surprised to see that she wasn't wearing any make up and I noticed how tired she looked.

"Uhm, yeah." She responded and I sat down on the wooden bench a few feet further. She followed my actions and took out her air pods. She looked at me through her tired eyes with a bord expression.

"I just, uhm, I want to say I'm sorry, that you couldn't be with River. And I understand that it hurts, I really do. But that doesn't give you the right to treat me the way you did. Some things you said to me really hurt me." I spilled calmly, not trying to make a scene. She looked down and started fidgeting with her hands.

"I'm sorry for hurting you. I know nothing about this is your fault, but I guess after being in pain for so long, I started blaming you for everything. Being angry is easier than being hurt." She told me, but not meeting my eyes.

"I understand what you mean. I blamed myself too, I still do." I said and felt my eyes watering again.

For fucks sake.

"It's not your fault Harper. I'm sorry if I'm the reason for you to think that." She said and looked in my eyes for the first time since talking to me.

"It's not because of you. Did it help? No, but I would've blamed myself even if you didn't blame me." I said and she got up, signalling that our conversation was almost over.

"I have to be home by twelve, so I'm gonna head in there if you don't mind. Thanks... for talking to me." She said and motioned with her head to the cemetery.

"Yeah, of course." I nodded and got up myself.

"Okay." She formed her lips into a line and turned around slowly, walking away.

"Olivia!" I called after her and she looked behind her.

"Thanks for sending River to me that night. If it wasn't for you, I don't know what would've happened to me." I thanked her. It's been on my mind ever since I told everything to Niall. If Olivia didn't see Ashton drag me in that room, River would've never helped me.

She gave me an acknowledging nod and walked away into the cemetery. I took a deep breath and made my way over to the car. I saw Amelia sitting in the passenger seat, so I made my way over to the back. I opened the door and got in carefully, trying not to dirty the car with my muddy shoes. I sat down in the middle seat and fastened my seatbelt.

"How did it go?" My mum asked me while turning on the engine of the car.

"Better than I thought it would." I answered and let my head fall back on the headrest.

"Did you sort your shit out like I said?" Amelia asked.

"Sort of, yeah. I told her how I felt, she told me how she felt, and we both apologised." I answered them shortly. I wasn't in the mood for chit chat right now.

The only person I wanted to talk to right now was Niall.

The ride home was spent silent expect for the radio playing the latest hits. We dropped Amelia off at her house and drove off after being inside for about twenty minutes.