12

"Hey." I walked as fast as I could without running after Taehyung who was heading towards school.

"Hey. Are you following me?" He said in a shockingly sarcastic voice, mimicking the sort of thing I'd said when the situation was reversed.

"Funny." I muttered, walking alongside him now, and he smiled. "I know you're not talking to me. What's wrong?" "Nothing. I'm fine." He held his hand up
and continued to walk.

"Taehyung." I spoke softly, attempting to encourage him to openly speak to me. Taehyung hasn't spoke to me in a week.

He stopped his rapid pace and turned to face me. "Okay, I'm annoyed." He said in a tone that seemed too confident coming from Taehyung.

"Why?"

"Why?" Taehyung scoffed. "Because... because I feel like a dick!" I raised my eyebrows at Taehyung's use of language. I'd never heard him swear.

"Why?" I asked again.

"Jisoo. I told you I loved you. I confessed these massive feelings for you. You left me humiliated. You should've told me you were with Jungkook." He sighed.

"I'm not with Jungkook." I told him stubbornly. Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Maybe we have different definitions of 'with'." He walked off.

I was taken aback at Taehyung's confidence and the abrupt way he spoke to me.

Taehyung and I sat in Biology in last lesson. We'd been instructed to dissect a heart. Taehyung had looked pleased at the task.

We were fifteen minutes in and Taehyung was thriving at dissecting the heart, but my stomach was turning. Every motion he made with the knife was making me silently gag.

"Okay, this is gross." I blurted out.

"What?" Taehyung laughed.

"Yeah. It's like stomach turning. Oh my God, I think I'm actually going light-headed." I took a deep breath. Taehyung laughed again. "I knew there'd be something you'd be soft about. You can't be tough with everything."

"Whatever." I concealed my smile. "I'm surprised someone as soft as you can cope with it."

"Hey, are you forgetting that I want to be a doctor?"

"Oh yeah."

Taehyung playfully put the hand used for dissecting near my face and I laughed and shoved him. We both giggled together for a moment.

Once we'd finished with the gruesome task of dissection, Taehyung sterilised his hands and we smiled at each other. "I'm glad that's over." I admitted.

"I had fun." We smiled affectionately at each other for a few minutes.

"Hey." Jungkook had stopped in front of our desk on his way out. "Am I seeing you later?"

"Maybe." I told him.

He walked off without a second thought. I took a look at Taehyung who looked emotional and stared at his hands that were placed on his knees. "I'll see you later." He muttered without making eye contact, and left. I sighed.