20

"Hey." Jennie poked her head sheepishly around my bedroom door. "Are you okay?" She perched herself on the end of my bed and I nodded. "I'm okay."

"I was so worried. I'm so sorry for arguing. I should've noticed something was up. I'm so glad you're okay." She smiled. "Thanks, Jennie. I'm sorry as well."

We stayed silent for a few moments. "Have you heard from the two boys?" Jennie asked.

"Which two?" I responded, acting oblivious.

"Come on, Jisoo. The two love interests." I rolled my eyes. "They've both said they like me," I told her.

Her eyes widened. "Even Jungkook?"

I nodded.

"Well, what? Do you like either of them? Both of them?" She pried.

I shrugged. "Taehyung is one of the most kind-hearted people I've ever met. I feel like we've developed a friendship, and I wouldn't have ever thought that'd be likely when we first met. And he makes me a better person when I'm around him." I explained. "And Jungkook?" She pushed.

"I think I like him," I admitted and watched her eyes turn to saucers. "I know. I don't know. I shouldn't like him, but I think I do. I can't get the feeling I have around him out of my head. But it doesn't matter. He's told me multiple times he doesn't do relationships, and I know he means it. And I mean it when I say it. I don't know, he changes me." I rambled. "You're rambling." Jennie pointed out and I apologised. "You're rambling, so that must mean you do like him quite a lot. I've never seen you talk about someone like this. And I know you say it doesn't matter because he doesn't do relationships, I wouldn't have ever guessed that he'd tell you he likes you, but that's happened." "Yeah, but -"

"No 'but', Jisoo. I think you should tell him. He worked up the courage to tell you. You should do the same." I nodded in agreement and took a deep breath.

Scott was hanging multicoloured fairy lights outside his coffee shop once I'd arrived.

"Christmas lights?" I questioned. "Uh-huh." He continued to hang them around the door frame.

"Christmas lights doesn't scream you. Why are you hanging them?" I quizzed.

"Well, I have to put on a happy face for Christmas with some headache-inducing lights because it usually attracts more customers." He grunted and I chuckled.

"Anyway, I'll leave you to it. Is Jungkook upstairs?" I asked, ready to head in. Scott took a few steps down from the ladder he was on and sighed. "Jungkook's gone, Jisoo."

I smiled a confused smile. "Gone? Gone where?"

"Back to his mums, I was told. He'll be travelling back there now."

"What? Do you know when he's back?" I questioned, my confusion turning to hurt.

"I don't know, Jisoo."

"Do you know why he's gone?" I mumbled.

"No. I'm sorry." Scott told me.

"It's okay." I lied, and walked off, again fighting back tears.