The Accident...

Hizashi didn't usually get peace to himself. Not that he needed it a lot. He liked being the center of attention! He was almost the polar opposite of the rest of his family. (He could say that now. He had his husband, his cats, and his two sons.)

   The explosion threw Hizashi off. He stumbled and looked over his shoulder. A few streets away fire began to grow. Hizashi turned on his heels and took off toward the scene. 

   Civilians were beginning to panic. 

   "Don't panic everyone! Someone call 911. Did anyone see what happened?"

   "The explosion came from inside the car!" Someone shouted. 

     Inside the car? Oh no... Mic wasn't the most strength or rescue adapted hero but he did know the basics. He got to the car and skidded down to see inside. There were two adults up front and a kid in back. The kid seemed to be in shock from what happened but he was conscious. 

   "Hey! Kid! C'mere so I can get you out!"

   The boy didn't move. He stared straight ahead as tears started to well in his eyes. "Mom? Dad?" His voice was uncontrolled. 

   Mic had a sinking feeling... That was a pretty loud noise even from so far away... He shifted and pulled himself through the open window. 

   The boy turned toward the movements. Panic and terror coated his face. 

   "Its okay." Mic murmured carefully pulling the kids buckle off and tugging him close. He backed out of the car and held the boy close. "Wait here while I get your parents."

   The boy stared numbly at the man who rescued him. 

   Hizashi could hear sirens somewhere in the distance. He maneuvered to the front and attempted to pull the parents out. The father was already dead... His heart ached for the boy. The mother was alive but just barely. 

   Hizashi watched the first ambulance take the mother. He insisted the boy not see that... He took the boy to the hospital himself. Frankly Hizashi didn't like hospitals. The last time he spent a long time in one his best friend died... 

   The mother died on route to the hospital. Another lump caught in his throat when he thought about the boy...

   "Is that all you know about the accident?" 

   "Yes. There was an explosion. A bystander said the explosion occurred inside the car and the father was dead on site." Mic felt a bit numb to the questions. 

   "That's all then. Thank you Present Mic." 

   Hizashi felt more weary than usual. He headed toward the door with full intent to go home. Well Hizashi just couldn't seem to get what he wanted...

   A commotion broke out when he was halfway down the hall. There was a crackle and a boom. A door broke open. Hizashi turned expecting a villain. 

   A small form barreled into him and then stumbled back. Recognition sparked in the boys face. He relatched onto Mic. "Tell them to stop playing a trick on me! I'm sorry for the stupid mess! I didn't know my quirk could be that bad in winter! Tell them to stop pretending to talk! I want to know where my mom and dad are!" The boy shook violently. "Why can't I hear anything-"

   Hizashi kneeled down with the boy and gave a soft pitiful look. "What's your name?"

   The boy made a face. "Stop that!" He shouted. "Talk for real!"

   "Oh kid..." 

   "It isn't... It isn't fucking funny!"

   Hizashi didn't mind the swearing. The kid was so messed up right now. He pulled out his phone and typed something out. 'You should rest. The doctors can help you in the morning.'

   "No way! I won't- I can't- Where's my mom?!" 

   Mic sighed and typed more. 'Kid. We can talk in the morning.'

   "She's dead isn't she? I killed her!"

   'Don't think that!'

   "It's true I- I killed her and I can't hear anything and no one is telling me shit-" The boys eyes went wide as he slumped into Mic's arms. 

   The doctor made a move to take the boy. 

   Hizashi shook his head and stood. "I got him..." Hizashi hoped the boy would be alright.