Chapter 24

[ J i s u n g ]
[ M o n d a y , 2 4 t h O c t o b e r ]

Jisung was tired. He was so incredibly tired. He hadn't been able to sleep very well in the last few days. Too many thoughts were circulating in his head. He hadn't seen Minho in two weeks, in other words: Since their fight. Whenever Jisung had seen him in school the older had made the best attempts in avoiding Jisung. He did try texting and calling Minho as well once the holidays had started, but oh well, Minho had left him on read. It was quite an overwhelming feeling – not seeing a friend that you're used to seeing every day. Jisung couldn't stop stressing himself about that. He needed, no, he had to find a solution for this. As if he didn't have enough trouble keeping up with school. Why did life need to be this difficult?

"HEY! We're here together, remember? I want attention." A whining Hyunjin got him back to reality. "Huh sorry what?" Jisung looked around a little lost. "I didn't get that." "Yeah I noticed." Hyunjin pouted. "Sorry Jinnie, I will pay attention only to you now." Jisung smiled, trying to cheer up his soulmate. "Good." Hyunjin smiled contented. "If you wanna talk about what bothers you, you can by the way", the older suggested. Jisung shook his head in dismiss. "Nah it's fine. Let's live in the now and forget about problems, yeah?" "Sounds good to me. Now, what do you want to order? We've been in this Café for fifteen minutes now and I've dismissed the waitress twice, because I didn't want to bother you", Hyunjin asked and pointed to the menu.

The two of them were sitting in a Café. It was a quite popular one in their town, which was why it was usually pretty stuffed. Since it was a Monday afternoon not many people were here. Just a few students, who probably had had the same idea as them, were sitting here and there. Some with their headphones on, studying, others talking. It was a nice atmosphere.

"Uhm I think I'll go with a cheesecake and an iced Americano", Jisung decided. He didn't even need to look at the menu to know what he wanted. He had been here often with his mom and he knew that the cheesecake was one of the best he'd ever tasted.

"Okay, do you want me to order?", Hyunjin asked knowingly. A single nod from Jisung was enough. "Excuse me, can we order?", Hyunjin approached the first waitress that passed their table.

While the older placed their order Jisung couldn't help but admire Hyunjin. How caring he was. How much he understood Jisung. Not many people were as nice as he was. And how beautiful and confident he was. The longer hair fit him extremely well and complimented his features. Looking at Hyunjin, everything just kinda made sense. There was no way anything was as perfect and beautiful.

"You're staring", Hyunjin stated the obvious. "I am", Jisung sighed. "Sorry." "Oh, no, no, no, it's fine. I don't mind." Hyunjin made a dismissive hand gesture and Jisung noticed something. "Oh wow these rings are so pretty. Lemme see them", he requested, leaning over to be able to see better. "I know, right?", Hyunjin said and showed his hand to Jisung. "It's unbelievable that they sell these here." "The local accessory store sells these?", Jisung asked in surprise. "Mhm." "I like this one." Jisung grabbed Hyunjin's hand to see the ring even closer. It was like a snake winded around Hyunjin's finger. "I gotta get that one", he decided.

Just then he realised that he was holding Hyunjin's hand. He immediately let go, apologising multiple times. Instead of scolding Jisung for being so ruthless, Hyunjin grabbed his hand again, squeezing it once to show him that it was fine. Jisung was too stunned to speak, but that didn't matter in that moment.

Their food had arrived.

After thanking the waitress, Hyunjin turned to face Jisung again. A small smile decorating his already pretty face, making Hyunjin even prettier. If Jisung could, he would love to paint this beautiful smile.